Just placed my order Today! Tesoro Vaquero

USParatrooper

I called a dealer who's about four hours from me in NC. He gave me a great price and talked to me for a long time on the telephone about metal detecting.

What I really liked about him is he himself is a very enthusiastic metal detector. Other places I called just seemed bored to be running their business. This guy even offered to show me the ropes and he got excited that I can get him right on military bases with no problem. Apparently him and his wife run a kids camp and they set up a metal detecting pit with coins planted for the kids to find.

Unfortunately he's out of stock and he's going to call Tesoro on Monday to see if they have them in stock. If so, I should be detecting by next weekend.

I can't wait to get started!

Last edited:
That leaves you a week to pick out some places to hunt and get ready. Let's see.......digger, spare batteries, headphones, pin pointer,and camera. You are set. Now go get em. :lol:

That leaves you a week to pick out some places to hunt and get ready. Let's see.......digger, spare batteries, headphones, pin pointer,and camera. You are set. Now go get em. :lol:

Digger - would you recommend plastic to avoid damaging your find?

Headphones - necessary/helpful? If not I think I prefer not wearing them, especially when it's hot.

Pin pointer - I think I'll mention that to the dealer. How helpful are those and how do you use them?

Camera and spare batteries - got it

Also, many of my army equipment will be useful. Gloves, camel back (water source), knee pads - and I have sun screen and bug spray for the field.

Digger, I'd recommend a sturdy one unless you are digging in very soft ground.

Headphones, I have never used a Tesero before but my take is they are a tone only machine and to get the most out of it and save on batteries I think most detectorists would recommend a comfortable set. I use them and wouldn't leave home without em.

Pin pointer, Pros and cons. In parks and lawns, yes I would say yes to the p.p.
to keep the lawn damage to a minimum. It will get you to within an inch or two of the target.

Search some of the other threads on these items and see what others have to say. Part of the fun is the enthusiasm that other people here like to share.

Ferrous

Back
Top Bottom