GSE morning trip

TheKrustyClad

Quick trip this morning for the low tide at first light. Moved around a lot, could not seem to find a good spot holding the usual amount of targets. Found a great speck of beach that was super rocky with lots of large rocks/dead coral/ shells, but absolutely no targets. :?::?::?: Perhaps I was not hunting it with the right approach. Maybe I should have been working the outskirts of the rock patch instead of central portion of it? Any thoughts? Oh well. Managed two pairs of glasses, one partial and one pair is Carrera.. Also, two rings, one junkaroo and the butterfly one is 925 silver. The beach after the swells from Florence subsided is certainly different.

Attachments

• 9.15.2018.1.jpg
    9.15.2018.1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 397
  • 9.15.2018.2.jpg
    9.15.2018.2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 350
  • 9.15.2018.3.jpg
    9.15.2018.3.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 364
I think you did real good!
One thing about beach's and storms, they are unpredictable.

That's a lot better than I was doing at beaches before I quit hunting them !I would go back just to find the shells and the glass you found ! Spectacular !

I think you did real good!
One thing about beach's and storms, they are unpredictable.

Yup, absolutely! Sometimes it's great! Sometimes......not so much.

That's a lot better than I was doing at beaches before I quit hunting them !I would go back just to find the shells and the glass you found ! Spectacular !

Thank you. I actually have a hobby of making candle holders out of sea glass.
I think they're quite spectacular in action
candle1.jpg

That’s a pretty substantial hunt!

It was still a good hunt, just not QUITE what I was hoping for.

I never appreciated how 'collectable' sea glass was until I come home after a beach hunt with a pocket full. When i showed this to the wife, she was impressed and now joins me when I head to the beaches with my metal detector.. I hunt for treasure, she collects sea glass. Great stuff as we can both enjoy 'any day' walks on the beach, not just the beautiful walks on sunset beaches ;)

Candle holders out of sea glass?! You should've told me about this strange hobby of yours before we went out and hunted together! :lol:

Last edited:
Congrats on the silver, sunglasses and sea-glass! I'm going to have to start paying more attention to that sea-glass- looks beautiful in projects! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom