New Scuba Truck

That's not too bad on mileage i guess. I rented a big ford f 350 recently with a triton v8, total hog on gas, i think i averaged about 12 mpg on the highway.

When my wife was alive, I had a 3/4 ton Suburban with a 42 gallon gas tank to pull a 31' Sea Ray with a 110 gallon gas tank. I got around 8mpg on the truck and 1.5 on the boat. I know gas hogs!

Beautiful truck. Hope you have far better luck with yours than I did with mine. Bought a new 2000 Dodge Ram-1500 4X4 extended cab.. It was absolutely gorgeous, rode like a dream when I could keep it running. The trouble started after the warranty expired. Finally at 65K miles and the repairs running more than the payments on a new one I surrendered and got rid of it.

Yep. After the main warranty it is covered at 100.00 deductible. It costs 80.00 just to diagnose EACH Chevy light code.

Added over 3 grand to the price but with the miles I drive, I thought it was worth it.

Which is stupid. I bought a $300 code reader (it's a really nice one) a few years back to help with diagnosis... It turns out, $80 per code is just dumb. Sometimes there's 3 codes on the system, and they're all the same (as in same over-heating code affecting 3 valves, due to a bad water pump). If it costs 80.00 just to diagnose EACH Chevy light code for a similar situation, you've paid $240 just so they could go, "Oh, I need to see if the Water pump spins," Then reach in and see what's going on. That kind of garbage ticks me off. And the code systems are such that you can simply google them. Ain't that hard to diagnose most codes... an HOUR of labor per code? LOL That's funny.

However... the dealer's gotta make money somehow! :)

It's like the folks who take their computer into Best buy to have them install memory for $40. It literally pops into place with a thumb push. It all comes down to what folks who are unfamiliar doing, are willing to pay, so they don't have to become familiar doing it. LOL

Skippy

OH... Beauty of a truck, BTW! That thing is gorgeous!

Which is stupid. I bought a $300 code reader (it's a really nice one) a few years back to help with diagnosis... It turns out, $80 per code is just dumb. Sometimes there's 3 codes on the system, and they're all the same (as in same over-heating code affecting 3 valves, due to a bad water pump). If it costs 80.00 just to diagnose EACH Chevy light code for a similar situation, you've paid $240 just so they could go, "Oh, I need to see if the Water pump spins," Then reach in and see what's going on. That kind of garbage ticks me off. And the code systems are such that you can simply google them. Ain't that hard to diagnose most codes... an HOUR of labor per code? LOL That's funny.

However... the dealer's gotta make money somehow! :)

It's like the folks who take their computer into Best buy to have them install memory for $40. It literally pops into place with a thumb push. It all comes down to what folks who are unfamiliar doing, are willing to pay, so they don't have to become familiar doing it. LOL

Skippy

OH... Beauty of a truck, BTW! That thing is gorgeous!

It might be stupid but I am 60 and will not work on my own vehicles anymore. 100.00 and it is fixed. Works for me. Although I am probably returning this truck. The DEALER committed FRAUD for me to get it and I can't accept that.

Back
Top Bottom