Looks like IRMA sanded in FL.

Noreaster

66ef136c-5f7c-4ac4-9b07-2465b7fac9f8-large16x9_florida_before_after.jpg

http://cbs12.com/news/nation-world/...ow-hurricane-irma-left-its-mark-on-the-planet

alot of times those pics are misleading as the silt in the sand gets mixed into the water making it look very murky/sandy and shows as being sandy, when in actuality the water is just extremely murky. Very shallow waters around the west side of Fl and to the south.

I'd want to see the pictures after a few days when the water clears back up. Divers will tell you about visibility after a storm.

Try multiple beaches. One can be sanded "in", while another, just a mile away, can be eroded down to bedrock. And even if you see the effect where sloppy soft sand seems to have been pulled down from the dunes onto the inter-tidal zone, then : In such situations you "check back ~2 days later". Because sometimes mother nature, in the days that follow will subsequently take sand off the inter-tidal zone to "fill in" off-shore voids that had been created. Or sand moves left to right to fill in low spots. Each days' subsequent tides can continue the action, as mother robs sand in one area, to fill in lows, and re-adjust her angles of slope.

I hunted yesterday........ pushed in the sand bar making if pretty shallow. It made a cut in some areas, but not deep and everything you didnt want to find moved. Sea weed moved in in some areas really bad. It sucked the water out of the bays ect...... but it was slow and the sand bars slowed its return.

.... pushed in the sand bar making if pretty shallow. It made a cut in some areas...

Dew: This means sand was moving around. Even if not in the classic immediate preferred "cuts". But try back in a few days, to see if mother nature starts robbing sand from up high, to fill in voids down low or off-shore. She often readjusts her slopes in the days that follow these events where it seems the beach got "over-powered".

I swung by some local beaches and was disappointed. I didn't see any cuts. All the dunes were in place. Heck, I didn't even see a beach area palm tree disturbed.

I've actually seen the same sand movement from normal thunderstorms.

My buddies in Melbourne took some before and after pics of treasure coast beaches so I could see conditions. I decided to save my gas.

alot of times those pics are misleading as the silt in the sand gets mixed into the water making it look very murky/sandy and shows as being sandy, when in actuality the water is just extremely murky. Very shallow waters around the west side of Fl and to the south.

I'd want to see the pictures after a few days when the water clears back up. Divers will tell you about visibility after a storm.

Beach Bum I was in Melbourne the day after the storm and the sand was deep. a little further north it was better.

I swung by some local beaches and was disappointed. I didn't see any cuts. All the dunes were in place. Heck, I didn't even see a beach area palm tree disturbed.

I've actually seen the same sand movement from normal thunderstorms.

My buddies in Melbourne took some before and after pics of treasure coast beaches so I could see conditions. I decided to save my gas.

Save your gas for now David. I'm telling you I never have to empty my wading boots but the day after the storm I stopped 4 times because of the sand made it hard to walk.

Beach conditions did not look particularly good but I managed 2 nice finds the day after Irma. Pretty sanded in conditions. I would venture to say I was the first on the beach. Found in wet sand.

Attachments

• 9.12.17gold.jpg
    9.12.17gold.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 212
Beach conditions did not look particularly good but I managed 2 nice finds the day after Irma. Pretty sanded in conditions. I would venture to say I was the first on the beach. Found in wet sand.

Two Nice ones!!

Back
Top Bottom