• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A Few More Civil War Relics from Watehead, I Mean a Few!

Waterhead

Here are a couple of relics that I dug in a CSA camp in Eastern Virginia today. I'll use the word "meager" again because after 3 hours, this is all I found; not that I'm complaining gang.

The first item is the remnants of a small pewter cuff button, the next is a cuff link with a black stone and the last is a tin back civilian button with a cool old coal train pulling its coal car. I don't think that there's any question regarding the time period of that train....old, old & old!

Well today I was jabbed in the eye from an old branch that I didn’t see, cut to pieces by Virginia “Wait a Minute Briars” and I stepped in an old stump hole and like to broke my leg in two. But other than that, I loved every minute of it.

Good luck digging folks!

Attachments

• DSC03973.JPG
    DSC03973.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 304
Great looking finds! I really like the button with the train on it! Glad to see you are ok after a rough time in the woods.

nice finds! Ive got that same button I found last year...not in as good of shape as yours tho.

That is some cool stuff. Your relics far exceed the price you had to pay in the hunt! You'll heal up. Gongrats on the CW finds!

Back
Top Bottom