"1652" Pine Tree Shilling

My advice is to remove the location from this thread or else you are sure to have lots of company detecting this site. People do some crazy things for finds like this. Even driving hundreds of miles.

I agree.

I learned this lesson the hard way, through experience.

Wowee!!! Stellar find. It beats my oldest by 65 years. Not sure I'll ever find one of those here in Virginia, but you never know I suppose...

I knew a lady who was a coin dealer at the local flea market. She used to buy bags of foreign coins and sell them cheap. She actually found a pine tree shilling in a batch that she had bought. Someone didn't know what it was and threw it in with the foreign coins. She knew and had it in her display case for several thousand dollars.

I knew a lady who was a coin dealer at the local flea market. She used to buy bags of foreign coins and sell them cheap. She actually found a pine tree shilling in a batch that she had bought. Someone didn't know what it was and threw it in with the foreign coins. She knew and had it in her display case for several thousand dollars.

:shock: Wow! I hope I'm that lucky someday. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom