Do you use a safe?

:?: I use a safe, but im not sure I understand the question.
The real question is, when your safe is open/unlocked, is it still a safe?

Nope, it’s the Ball jar/money buried in the backyard method for me.

After I got married and my wife found the stash, nothin’ but broken glass out there :no:

I couldn't trust burying it with metal detectors and all. Someone here just posted yesterday a random stranger was metal detecting someones yard. A perfect example of why I wouldn't want to bury my valuables in my yard. And I live in a rural part and still don't trust that. I actually did do this years ago.

I am debating a UL rated safe. That way only the feds can get in.

I use a strongbox for all my high valuables. Then I hide it away.

safe.jpg

jewbox-2.jpg

Absolutely use a safe. Particularly if you own firearms. I've been robbed before (not at my current home) and no longer take the chance. I have safes at our vacation home in the NC Mountains, as well as our main home at the beach. They are very heavy and bolted into concrete from the inside. Our alarm systems are also set up to monitor them. And we live in a very nice gated & video monitored "Equine" community where we all know one another.

In lieu of a safe or trying to protect my meager belongings,..I have adopted an efficient, simple and alternative strategy to go through the rest of my Life in peace with no worries of reprobatically minded opportunists...Besides our own kids and inlaws, Lots of Human predators out there in various configurations so I employ evade/avoid tactics + urban camoflage across all spectrums....I'll explain...

I live very simply and appear as if I dont have a pot or a window...Which is the truth, so it comes natural to me...A casual viewer would'nt ever consider carjacking me, suing me, or robbing me for any reason, I wear clothes I found on the beach...My daily driver is a 01 Prism... I shave my face and head maybe once per month, ears and @ss maybe once per quarter, so for all apparent purposes, To all Men and predatory Wimmen, I aint worth the risk or the effort!...A homeless, smelly, hairy eared and ast poor bum!...which is the idea and my Lifes goal I am successfully aspiring towards..!.

Not even my predatory banker asks me if I would like to invest in something...Or my Pastor, or to the various and sundry beggars, bums and nonprofits...for all apparent visuals, I aint got dink! Which, as I said, I dont!

Plus, I sorta look a bit spry and crazy enough to potentially knock the royal razzouli out of any theft attempt...and quite possibly could turn the tables and rob THEM in the process! Or skin them or eat them maybe even!...Which I would most certainly do! :laughing:

Predators, if they see me, are sort of confused...Like, "WTH is this guys game?" "What is this old guy doing?" "Waiting to be robbed?" "Surely, he must be insane, or stupid or something, or possibly out here to get US!!" And I am!...

Predators are predictable and behave the same..It matters not if its a Killer Whale, Polar Bear, Bengal Tiger, Lawyer, Inlaw, Rotary club, they all calculate the ROI and do a quick Cost Benefit SWOT analysis to size us up for our potential benefit to THEM..so yeah...I'm not worth the effort and may just be a potential danger or disappointment...which, like I said, I am...:laughing:

Although, If I ever had a safe, I would load it up with bags of sand and leave it in an easily found location...for a decoy......I've learned the hard way, a guy just cant have anything nice around here, not with these damn kids and inlaws!!......:laughing:

Attachments

• zz1.jpg
    zz1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 214
  • sherman2.jpg
    sherman2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Bolting a safe to concrete, someone with the right tools could make short work of that :lol: Cracking a safe isn’t hard, watch the YouTube vids...no storage method is truly “safe”, if someone wants it bad enough, they’re gonna get it.

Safe deposit for me, :lol::laughing::lol:

I lucked out. The previous owner of my house built a panic room in the basement for his million dollar wine collection. It’s like having a big cooled bank vault at home. I need to get the locks changed so I can lock the wife in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lucked out. The previous owner of my house built a panic room in the basement for his million dollar wine collection. It’s like having a big cooled bank vault at home. I need to get the locks changed so I can lock the wife in it.

Wait what? Lock your Wife in a million dollar Wine cellar? Damn you are one brave soul! Oh..ok.. without a corkscrew right? :laughing:

Its funny as hell to watch somebody try to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew! Especially one without a screw off cap or in a box! It aint easy, it takes a bit of thought and physic understanding! :laughing:

Wait what? Lock your Wife in a million dollar Wine cellar? Damn you are one brave soul! Oh..ok.. without a corkscrew right? :laughing:

Hahahaha, there isn’t wine it, I turned it into a giant gun safe/cool man stuff storage room. I was going to pull the wine cellar cooler and sell it, as it’s like a 10k unit, but figured the resale value later would be better and it is built into the wall.

Hahahaha, there isn’t wine it, I turned it into a giant gun safe/cool man stuff storage room. I was going to pull the wine cellar cooler and sell it, as it’s like a 10k unit, but figured the resale value later would be better and it is built into the wall.

I still dont understand your thinking? Locking your Wife inside your Wine Cellar turned Man Cave? With all your guns and gear? Big risk! Why not just order a rolloff dumpster or a plastic portashidder out in the driveway and tell her its her new 'She Shed?' ...:laughing:

I still dont understand your thinking? Locking your Wife inside your Wine Cellar turned Man Cave? With all your guns and gear? Big risk! Why not just order a rolloff dumpster or a plastic portashidder out in the driveway and tell her its her new 'She Shed?' ...:laughing:

Good point. She’s going in the shed with the spiders.

Bolting a safe to concrete, someone with the right tools could make short work of that :lol: Cracking a safe isn’t hard, watch the YouTube vids...no storage method is truly “safe”, if someone wants it bad enough, they’re gonna get it.

Safe deposit for me, :lol::laughing::lol:

Well, it sort of depends on the safe. And you have to get inside it to get to the bolts anyway. Although I'm not sure the OP meant safety deposit box type stuff. The thing is, you don't have to make it impossible, just more difficult than the other guys'. Thieves are generally too lazy to work any harder than they have to, and don't like to take the extra risk. And most enjoyably, the extra time dealing with a safe keeps them busy enough for me to get a good bead on them before pulling a trigger. :rifle: LOL :laughing:

Well, it sort of depends on the safe. And you have to get inside it to get to the bolts anyway. Although I'm not sure the OP meant safety deposit box type stuff. The thing is, you don't have to make it impossible, just more difficult than the other guys'. Thieves are generally too lazy to work any harder than they have to, and don't like to take the extra risk. And most enjoyably, the extra time dealing with a safe keeps them busy enough for me to get a good bead on them before pulling a trigger. :rifle: LOL :laughing:
You are right, the OP never mentioned safe deposit boxes, I did. Concrete is soft, one doesn’t have to access inside bolts. And your last comment opens an entire new can of worms. If I understand you correctly, you’d enjoy shooting another human being?

Safe deposit boxes are out of your control. All the time items from safety depot boxes end up missing. If you don't hold it you don't own it. Might as well invest in IRA paper gold and silver. Third party companies are happy to hold and store, insure it for you.:laughing:

One of my banks clearly says in the terms of service safe deposit boxes are NOT FDIC insured. Yet fiat currency is.;)

A UL rated safe bolted down isn't going to get broke into unless it's the feds.

% y

Safe deposit boxes are out of your control. All the time items from safety depot boxes end up missing. If you don't hold it you don't own it. Might as well invest in IRA paper gold and silver. Third party companies are happy to hold and store, insure it for you.:laughing:

One of my banks clearly says in the terms of service safe deposit boxes are NOT FDIC insured. Yet fiat currency is.;)

The video doesn’t work. Your money is the banks money. FDIC insurance, of fiat? Now that is a joke. Well, maybe not. Just fire up the printing press.

Last edited:
You are right, the OP never mentioned safe deposit boxes, I did. Concrete is soft, one doesn’t have to access inside bolts. And your last comment opens an entire new can of worms. If I understand you correctly, you’d enjoy shooting another human being?

Really? As a prior and disabled military officer I find that suggestion beyond offensive. I think you already know you are incorrect. The joke was obvious, it even had the little "":laughing:"" emoji and the "LOL." Any other perversion of that truth is purely and (hopefully) intentionally conjectured. Only a sick and twisted soul would think otherwise.

My belief is that you wrote that with open intent to be argumentative, offensive and suggestive toward me. How "friendly" for a senior member of the forum to treat a new contributing member with such open trolling and baiting. Have you ever complained that the forum has that particular gun emoji? Does that mean the forum is promoting gun violence? Of course not! You're just building a false premise to bully a new member and disabled veteran. And it's obvious.

Shooting someone was a joke and may God help those who think or conjure anything even slightly near to otherwise. And no, it's never "enjoyable" to take a life. Only an idiot would think otherwise. Still, it's a free country, think anyway you want, just leave me out of it.

Oh, and your still wrong about a safe. And that's not some knee jerk bait laden troll response to bully and offend a new member. That's fact, try it sometime.:mad:

Really? As a prior and disabled military officer I find that suggestion beyond offensive. I think you already know you are incorrect. The joke was obvious, it even had the little "":laughing:"" emoji and the "LOL." Any other perversion of that truth is purely and (hopefully) intentionally conjectured. Only a sick and twisted soul would think otherwise.

My belief is that you wrote that with open intent to be argumentative, offensive and suggestive toward me. How "friendly" for a senior member of the forum to treat a new contributing member with such open trolling and baiting. Have you ever complained that the forum has that particular gun emoji? Does that mean the forum is promoting gun violence? Of course not! You're just building a false premise to bully a new member and disabled veteran. And it's obvious.

Shooting someone was a joke and may God help those who think or conjure anything even slightly near to otherwise. And no, it's never "enjoyable" to take a life. Only an idiot would think otherwise. Still, it's a free country, think anyway you want, just leave me out of it.

Oh, and your still wrong about a safe. And that's not some knee jerk bait laden troll response to bully and offend a new member. That's fact, try it sometime.:mad:
I didn’t see it as a joke. Yep, go ahead, twist it any way ya want. I’m just tired of the wild Wild West mentality so prevelant today.

not true, i have opened at least three "UL" rated safes for friends that forgot their combos. amazing how fast a big grinder with a cut off wheel will cut one open. then there is the acetylene torch. don't understand why the feds could do more than anyone else? personally I use a safe, it holds important but not really valuable items. stuff no self respecting thief would waste his time on. the real valuables are "hidden in plain site" so to speak, nobody ever looks there,lol.

Back
Top Bottom