• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Moved to North Carolina

ISU Boomer

Elite Member
I recently relocated from Iowa to N.C. I went to check out an old park in town and found a sign saying metal detecting is prohibited. Is this a frequent thing in NC? I’ll keep searching for old parks to check out but was just wondering what any fellow NC diggers had to say. I never ran into and signs prohibiting detecting in Iowa.

Where in NC are you? I've never seen any signs prohibiting MD'ing anywhere I've gone in NC.

If you’re in Charlotte area I heard those are all off limits? Just do a local ordinance search and see what ya come up with. I’ve seen these mding bans more often the last few years.

Bummer! On this note, I hunted a park once early in the morning, in the dark...A long way from where I live and unfamiliar to me...I was on my way to my Dads house to help him pull out his dock....so the night before, I surfed around on the satellite and found a nice little park near to his place and drove straight there early to get in an hour or two hunting...

I was Having a ball! Busting all sorts of money! As the Sun came up, I saw this sign! Oh...My bad! :laughing: Funny thing though, even with the No Detecting sign, my gear worked perfectly like normal...

Attachments

• no detectors.jpg
    no detectors.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 128
Well that sucks, it’s stupid to ban detectors on public parks.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

I've got relatives in Raleigh. A lot of historic areas there and yes they are probably afraid of the detecting hoard.

I recommend the museum downtown. My relatives volunteer there.

Back
Top Bottom