• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Makro Racer/Racer 2 question

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
Even though I sell Makro products I have never had a Racer or Racer 2 in my hands as I drop ship my sales from my distributor. My question is are the Racers "noisey", seems all the video's that I have watched on them they seem to be always chattering. I have the urge to try one but would have to sell or trade my DeepTech Gold to get one & I really like the DeepTech Gold.

It really depends. I find my racer 2 is really noisy if there is much electricity nearby. but out on most homesteads it is really quiet. Just seems to be more sensitive to emi. In those places, if I set my detector down while I'm digging it is really making noise, but once I pick it back up and put the coil flat to the ground, it quiets down.

As far as hunting noises, it is way less noisy than my MXT in trash. and you can set it at different settings that will take out the noise of a lot of trash. Deep mode is definitely more noisy and has more falsing than 2 tone. I don't use the 3 tone and all metal much to give an opinion on that.

It really depends. I find my racer 2 is really noisy if there is much electricity nearby. but out on most homesteads it is really quiet. Just seems to be more sensitive to emi. In those places, if I set my detector down while I'm digging it is really making noise, but once I pick it back up and put the coil flat to the ground, it quiets down.

As far as hunting noises, it is way less noisy than my MXT in trash. and you can set it at different settings that will take out the noise of a lot of trash. Deep mode is definitely more noisy and has more falsing than 2 tone. I don't use the 3 tone and all metal much to give an opinion on that.

Exactly my thoughts

Back
Top Bottom