Voodoo Bottle?

Razen Cain

Here's a weird one.

I was detecting this morning at Wadeview Park here in Orlando. Get a low tone signal with my Tracker 4 but dig it cause I just lovvve to pick up pull tabs.

Anyway, after about 5 inches I see the top of...could it be? Yes! A metal bottle lid with the bottle still attached!

JMTd2.jpg

Visions of a silver coin cache danced through my head.

After about 4 mins I had it out. No coins. but what looks like cloth in a heavy red liquid.

UdOBq.jpg

Now I'm kinda freaked out a little. I took it to my truck and got the lid open. The liquid smelled really sweet as I pour it out. It's obviously not blood. (which is fine by me)

So what's inside?

Two handmade(?) dolls tied together with a bow of fabric. In between them is some paper with writing but it's too damaged to read. I can only make out what looks like a "D" and a "u"

2CMT2.jpg

Voodoo? Kids playing around? I dunno. I need to do some research.

qkLDz.jpg

Anybody else found something like this?

Sounds like a "Binding Spell" to me. You may have just broken up a romantic couple! LOL :lol:

Binding Doll Spell
——————-
For this ancient spell, make two small “dolls” from natural items such as wood, roots or bone that can be gathered without hurting anything. Decorate the dolls with beads, beans, cloth, sequins, dried flowers, etc.

Anoint the dolls with some love oil such as essential oil of rose, jasmine or sandalwood. You may also anoint with your own bodily fluids. Bind them together with some red cord. While binding, create knots firmly visualizing the love that is coming into your life.

Keep these bound dolls in a safe place for as long as you wish the two of you together in love. If the romance does not last, just remove the binding and bury the dolls in Earth.

Man o Man that has to be one of the weirdest finds I have seen. I say nice find but I wouldn’t keep it. Give me the creepers. :no:

I would burn it while watching the local news lol. I don't believe in any of that voodoo pagan stuff.

Interesting indeed.

Yeah..can go either way..creepy or kinda cute-ish..but this was on public land? I would think if *I* were going to do something like that I would put it somewhere safe, like on my land or land where I know it won't be distrubed. Too bad you can't make out the words. maybe after the paper dries it'll be more noticable what was written on it.

Keep us informed on how it goes for ya.

Side thoguht..it would be an interesting movie plot/twist to find out it was the finders wife who did it and now that it has been recovered weird thingsa being to happen...(ok might need to write this for a short film) hehe

Happy hunting!

:D

I would have returned it as I found it where I found it, it cannot be good karma messing with other peoples mojo, doesn't matter if you believe or not, someone does.

that is very freaky:shock: i would have worried i was cursed. first off i would have never opened it. who knows what that liquid is????? i would have been afraid it was piss or poison. . if i would have found it i would have told someone else it was juice and i couldnt open the lid:lol: so someone else would have done it:lol::lol:
(just kidding):lol: but i give you props for checking it out and posting the story

Ewe.... it still could be human blood mixed with cranberry juice or something. It's an unusual find but you should have placed it back where you found it cause you never know what kind of diseases you might have unleashed. I wouldn't have opened that weird thing even if I wore a bio-suit. I don't believe it voodoo or any superstitious curses but believe diseases were spread by man and that there looks like the curiosity kill the cat. Hopefully I'm wrong and that it's just some fool believing in spells.

This is not voodoo!
it's macumba! Is very dangerous!
wowowowowow

:stars:

Macumba is an Afro-Brazilian religion that combines traditional African religions, Brazilian spiritualism, and Roman Catholicism. Candomble is the best known sect that practices Macumba.

The African elements of Macumba include an outdoor ceremonial site, the sacrifice of various different animals, spirit offerings (with candles of different sizes and scents, and different types if beautifully colored and scented flowers), and dances.

Macumba rights are generally led by mediums, who enter into trances and communicate with the holy spirits.

The Roman Catholic elements of Macumba include the worship of saints who were given different African or African based names.

29_MHG_iemanja3.jpg

Today, Macumba is still a live religion that is practiced by thousands of people. It can be seen in practice in different parts of Africa, Brazil and even in the United States. It is a very unique religion that combines religious traditions from different religions with different cultures from different countries.

icon_brasil.gif

This is a Wiccan binding spell. No matter what anyone on this forum thinks of it the person or persons who buried the bottle clearly believe in the spell. If you are a person who believes in "karma" I am sure you know exactly what kind of karma you will attract if you break the spell by separating the dolls. It's bad enough that you emptied the liquid. I ask you as kindly as I know how to please, please return the bottle to where you found it. Treat it as a religious artifact, because that's actually, in a way, what it is.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

This is a Wiccan binding spell. No matter what anyone on this forum thinks of it the person or persons who buried the bottle clearly believe in the spell. If you are a person who believes in "karma" I am sure you know exactly what kind of karma you will attract if you break the spell by separating the dolls. It's bad enough that you emptied the liquid. I ask you as kindly as I know how to please, please return the bottle to where you found it. Treat it as a religious artifact, because that's actually, in a way, what it is.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

agreed

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

I third this. Theres now value in you keeping it anyways.

thanks for all the opinions and ideas everyone.

Chris J - your idea for a script is pretty darn funny..I'd go see it!

Back
Top Bottom