Nox is a quirky little machine!

ghound

Elite Member
I've been late to the party with this machine, and i'm playing catchup on how it works, so i've little to no experience on it, and it's more than possible i'm doing something wrong.

I've read that coke ID's at 1 or 2, and it doesn't mask targets. But there seems to be a big difference between field 1-2 on how this works.
In field 1, it gives perfect ID on the hammered coin with coke elevated any height above the coin, but in field 2 it masks the coin?
Has it something to do with how the freqs are weighted, or something else?

https://youtu.be/pBmdYmc9VOM

Field 1 vs Field 2 has frequency weighted differently. Field 2 is more tuned to gold, and thus may be more susceptible to the effects of the coke. Field 1, side note, tends to have issues with silver on edge. If you are hunting for silver in coke, keep it on Field 1. Also, report these finding to Minelab so they can look into fixing it with an update.

BCD

Interesting... don't have a Nox but following this post in case I decide to jump on the bandwagon in the future. ;-)
Field 1 vs Field 2 has frequency weighted differently. Field 2 is more tuned to gold, and thus may be more susceptible to the effects of the coke. Field 1, side note, tends to have issues with silver on edge. If you are hunting for silver in coke, keep it on Field 1. Also, report these finding to Minelab so they can look into fixing it with an update.

BCD

Oldest coin dug- 1927 wheatie.

Back
Top Bottom