More schooling in iron with AT Pro.

metaladdict

Elite Member
I have ignored nail tests with the Atp, I didn't know with a nail on top a quarter that it only
jumps the vdi up a little higher and no high tone! Shoot! I bet I missed a few goodies.
We don't have a lot of iron sites out here,there are some but now I am learning
I might have to dig much more.:yes:

Well,
At Pro is not alone here in doing.

Real challenged nonferrous targets,,when they are "fringe" detectable, a lot of detectors when this happens, ID will be driven down closer to iron range, and tone can follow.

If a person is digging just textbook tones and or textbook ID signals, they are indeed likely leaving some nice goodies behind.

Now, the ID of a target doesn't always get dragged down to near the iron range.

A nonferrous target could get dragged down lower but not overly lower.
For example, a silver dime masked somewhat by iron could give a tab reading, or nickel reading.

Lots of variable here with any detecting scenario, and with each model of detector.

No absolutes here.

Cherry Pickers take note.

If a site has good detecting history,,meaning some nice finds have been unearthed, I will open myself up to digging less and less textbook signals.
Will I dig some junk?
Certainly.

But you have to do this to eek out the finds.

It's amazing just how little it takes to mask a coin in iron, even high conductor coins, too much disc and too high a tone break don't help the situation either.

I have ignored nail tests with the Atp, I didn't know with a nail on top a quarter that it only
jumps the vdi up a little higher and no high tone! Shoot! I bet I missed a few goodies.
We don't have a lot of iron sites out here,there are some but now I am learning
I might have to dig much more.:yes:

You have to decide what kind of hunter you want to be. I dug mixed signals on Saturday and pulled 3 rings. Two precious metal and one pot metal. Every hunter misses potential finds. But it's not always the detectors fault. It's more of the hunter being picky and missing the goodies.

You have to decide what kind of hunter you want to be. I dug mixed signals on Saturday and pulled 3 rings. Two precious metal and one pot metal. Every hunter misses potential finds. But it's not always the detectors fault. It's more of the hunter being picky and missing the goodies.

Yep,thats me. But now I have something new to try...like digging more lower tones.:yes:

Well,
At Pro is not alone here in doing.

Real challenged nonferrous targets,,when they are "fringe" detectable, a lot of detectors when this happens, ID will be driven down closer to iron range, and tone can follow.

If a person is digging just textbook tones and or textbook ID signals, they are indeed likely leaving some nice goodies behind.

Now, the ID of a target doesn't always get dragged down to near the iron range.

A nonferrous target could get dragged down lower but not overly lower.
For example, a silver dime masked somewhat by iron could give a tab reading, or nickel reading.

Lots of variable here with any detecting scenario, and with each model of detector.

No absolutes here.

Cherry Pickers take note.

If a site has good detecting history,,meaning some nice finds have been unearthed, I will open myself up to digging less and less textbook signals.
Will I dig some junk?
Certainly.

But you have to do this to eek out the finds.
That is great wisdom Sharpshooter!! I have a lot of digging ahead of me now.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom