Found a cache of coins

ISU Boomer

Elite Member
Ok, maybe not the kind of cache you're expecting. I moved this last weekend and the people who used to live here left their washer and dryer. While moving their dryer out so we can use ours I heard an incredible amount of change rattling inside. I had to remove the back off the dryer and when I reached in I started pulling out handfuls of coins. These people must have never cleaned out their pockets. In total I got $17.87 out of it! By far more clad than on my best day detecting :laughing:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,862
Sweet! Every used car I buy I pull the rear seat and get a few bucks change!

Makes you wonder how much money is in appliances or couch cushions or under car seats at the junkyards?
Mud

That'll buy detector batteries or gas to go to your next sites.

That's wild!

On the rare occasion that I leave anything in a pocket I find it in the bottom of the tub of the washing machine. It's amazing that that much change made it to the dryer.

Sweet! Every used car I buy I pull the rear seat and get a few bucks change!

Makes you wonder how much money is in appliances or couch cushions or under car seats at the junkyards?
Mud

Not much in my area junkyards. That's what I do for my winter treasure hunting fix! :D

my wife lays claim to any money inside the washer/dryer. She does all the wash and therefore gets the bounty.

Little does she know that I "accidentally" leave some coins in my pocket to keep her doing the laundry. I dont want her to make me do it

Back
Top Bottom