Blisstool V6 initial impressions

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Played with it today to try and get my arms around it.

Overall build quality---as good as any VLF detector I've had/have (Nokta CoRE, Makro Racer, Minelab CTX, Minelab Etrac, White's V3i, Minelab XS Explorer, Fisher F75LTD2, Xp Deus)

Coil ears look good and beefy

Good connections between rod joints

Coil has no cover---but seems protected fairly well

Coil cable is a bit stiffer than the ones I've seen

Ergonomics

Not heavy or real light

I'm 5'10" tall and rod with its design seems to fit me well. Coil is away from my feet more so than say F75.
There is plenty of adjustment for the unusually tall folks
Swings very well with 11" coil installed--doesn't feel nose heavy say like Deus with 11" coil.
Doesn't feel tail heavy either with 7x9 coil installed like a Nokta Cores does with small OOR coil

Comes with a decent operator's manual---far better than my White's V3i did, will say some of the words/grammar a bit off---but understandable anyway to me

Iron handling
I ran it with a gain of 4 threshold of 5-5.5-----machine seemed stable, power lines overhead
Going to gain of 6 or higher threshold than 5.5 things got jittery
When sweeping over yard--minefield of iron btw, with loads of nails and even some medium,/large iron----with disc set at 4 iron rejection seemed pretty good. On some of the larger a decent tone would come in at times---turning 90 degrees signal would be static to broken
Over the iron machine sorta reminds me of a cross between White's V3i and Xp Deus
Sometimes on the first sweep over iron--tone more desirable, but with a couple more sweeps---signal would get crackly or dissipate

Sweep speed sensitivity
Detector not as forgiving as Deus IMO, but better than White's V3i---when the White's is set to as a deeper seeker
ORE Mode--played with some. Preliminary tests indicate it's no Deus----11" coil vs 11"---recovery/separation
Need to play more with 7x9" coil before I comment

Controls
Detector controls definitely look more intimidating when looking at pics vs in real person
Pots seem smooth---but this is the only detector I've ever had with knobs----take as you wish
The disc depth control---this is a very good feature IMO---based mostly on air testing, did hit my small garden though
It works in conjunction with disc setting
If Xp deus had this control/function---would definitely make the Deus a better modern trash site hunter
The Discriminator switch--going to position 1, knocks out tabs/nickels-----I feel is used smartly with disc depth/disc opens up doors to hunt modern sites looking for copper/silver
One note though I played with a aluminum can with disc switch in position 1---knocks out can but not if can is a long ways from coil say 16"
And playing with the can----I've never had a detector that airtest an aluminum can so far-----with 4 gain and threshold at 5 can could be heard at oh my, I don't know ---with detector's coil on the ground I could hold the can not far below shoulder level and it would signal

Tone clarity--the external speaker is OK, need to run volume pretty high though to hear real well
As far as using headphones--I used the sunray progolds, tone seemed good, and there is some fairly nice nuance when over the iron and when using the discriminator switch to knock out targets
Is it Deus quality???--not quite but remember this is a 1 tone machine, Deus multitone

So far I like it.

Need to get it out hunting and play with smaller coil more. The ORE mode in airtesting seems to give up quite a bit of depth, but this may not transition to in ground performance entirely.

BTW using my high mineral bricks. With 3 stacked with quarter under them---it bangs the quarter,,, Deus with 11" coil barely hits, F75 Iron tone with low VDI
Placing a dime under Bliss squeaks--the others notta

More to come

Played with smaller 7x9" coil today.

Compared it against Racer while wearing 5.5x10" coil.

Speed/separation of V6 impressive while wearing coil in Ore mode.

What I do notice and have seen this in some of Daniel's tn (tn backroads you tube vids) V3 Blistool videos. The pitch of the tone lowers when nonferrous target is close to iron or if you detect a deeper target in hotter soil.

And oh my, this thing screams on my 10" nickel and dime in my little test garden. In non boost, going to boost with 0 gain, you'd think they were only 4-5" down!!! My soil reads 4 bars on F75LTD2 or Racer mineral pie shaded to about the 7:30 position.

Also the depth disc setting seems to be more critical (in both soil and Ore mode) meaning run a little higher vs using the stock coil. If you run it too low, nails will ring up too good a tone.

Back
Top Bottom