Whites PI 1000 Underwater Detector

Here is a pic of the Whites PI 1000

I forgot to post this with the original thread.
Any idea on the price on a good unit?:?:

Attachments

• 1f61291g4ZZZZZZZZZ8atd7b27b63f2a11dc5.jpg
    1f61291g4ZZZZZZZZZ8atd7b27b63f2a11dc5.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 5,172
I believe there are a few old threads on this detector that can be found doing a search.

But other than those, and a few links on Google that are no newer than 2006, it's hard to say.

I heard they were a decent detector although I can't help you out on a price... my suggestion would be to google it...

Thanks for the link on the manual. I found a good functioning unit for under $300.00. I know the new underwater models are pretty spendy, do you think this is a fair price range for a older model such as this?
Just looking for opinions as I have never owned or used a submergable detector.
I have seen some off brand underwater units on eBay, but am hesitant to make a purchase.
The thought of doing some swimming/detecting raised a little interest with me.:yes:

Thanks for the link on the manual. I found a good functioning unit for under $300.00. I know the new underwater models are pretty spendy, do you think this is a fair price range for a older model such as this?
Just looking for opinions as I have never owned or used a submergable detector.
I have seen some off brand underwater units on eBay, but am hesitant to make a purchase.
The thought of doing some swimming/detecting raised a little interest with me.:yes:

If it works it doesn't matter what it costs because 1 nice gold ring can pay for that detector...

I know its pretty deep and depth is a good thing.. for a couple hundred more you could look into a Tereso Tiger Shark which won't be as deep but its better suited as a multi-use detector, its home is in freshwater but works ok in salt and you can even use it in the dirt.. personally I don't like VLFs and choose to dig it all and its why I prefer a PI...

The 2 that i have i paid like $150 for one and around $325 for the other and shipping was maybe like $20 ea. on top of that. I don't likle the way that they respond to a ring standing straight up and down=almost won't see my wedding band 2" from the coil that way. Also takes a lot slower coil movement that i'm used to=slower then a snail to see it.

These were still around when I started diving. You would be better served getting a newer machine. I use all pi machines and hunt fresh water, how ever, a lot of the guys on these forums recommend a machine with discriminate for fresh water. You should be able to find a good, modern water machine, used, that will fit your budget. Watch the classifieds on the forums.

Jim from Wa can you give me a web link to look at it and read about this MD more? you said is waterproof? i am looking for something for me...

Earlier up in this thread, there is a great link posted for this detector.
It looks good, but I think I am going to hold out for a newer PI detector for water(snorkeling) use only.:tumble:

Back
Top Bottom