Psa

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
We're interrupting your regularly scheduled broadcast in order to bring you this Public Service Announcement ....

Due to the ridiculous amount of sun/heat that's already fallen on the mid-south, I was looking for a window screen for my truck. Actually I wanted one for both front and rear glass, as the sun hits both over the course of the day, making it miserable hot inside.

Online, "fitted" ones for the front glass, were $50+ :wow:...yeah, about that...gonna have to give you a big fat NO! I couldn't even find anything for the rear...and those generic/one-size-fits-all types, weren't good enough for my grey poupon lifestyle. :p

So, off to Lowes I went, and for the sum of $25, I bought a 24"x25' roll of Reflextix insulation (the foil-covered bubble wrap stuff), and cut it to fit both winders ;) There's still enough left to do another vehicle, so I have less than $15 in covering the front and rear glass in my truck.

I noticed an immediate drop in interior temp (a good 20-30*) by blocking out the sun. I can roll them up and stick them behind the seat when not in use.

P7120064.jpg

Front is notched for the rear view mirror post, and is held in place with the visors.

P7120066.jpg

The rear hangs from the coat hooks, and the headrests also help hold it to the rear of the cab interior.

P7120067.jpg

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

iu

Does make a big difference. Also great for hiding from your boss. He still doesn't know where I go all the meantime chilling in my truck.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

THAT was a really neat idea Gauntlet for those who need a custom fit ! :thumbsup:

Fortunately we didn't need custom fit for our vehicles so the reflective silver sun shields at dollar tree works pretty good for just a dollar.

…..and for those really hot days also put bags of ice on the roof and maybe you can hope for these results ! :shock: :laughing::laughing::laughing:
P7120064a.jpg

P7120066a.jpg

P7120067a.jpg

Last edited:
That same reflectix stuff is popular for lining the roof of flip over ice shanties to keep the heat inside, and aid in light reflection to see better..

Nice work!

Soon enough, the summer heat will be something everyone's looking forward to..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20180122_190016.jpg
    IMG_20180122_190016.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom