• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

AT MAX Does Water....Got Some Great Finds And Coins!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

HOT again today! Headed to a local watering hole with the AT MAX using the large 9" x 12" concentric search coil. I hunted in true all metal mode in the deeper water where there were less junk targets. I set the iron audio to about 35. In the shallowing water, where the junk targets are plenty, I used coins mode. To maintain stability, I turned down the sensitivity to about half, and ground balanced often. Now this was in the junky areas. When in true all metal mode, I ran the sensitivity nearly wide open, and again, ground balanced often.I spent nearly 6 hours searching. Most of my finds were deep and left over from last year, as they were quite tarnished. Lots of people and lots of beer cans. I brought along my sifter, and did a good PR job walking around in the water all day tagging along a sifter full of old and new beer cans. Got lots of "thanks" too!

Here's all the finds! A reminder that everyone digs a lot of junk.

I lucked out on a "HARLEY DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLE" ring and a Charles Garrett Memorial Token. Garrett sent me some tokens last year to make some coin rings out of them, and the remainder I threw in lakes, sports fields and tot lots. Now this beach is at least a mile long, and gets pounded pretty hard! What are the chances of me getting one of these?

Attachments

• charles2.jpg
    charles2.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 212
Back
Top Bottom