Nox, i'm a believer!

ghound

Elite Member
I was out this morning with my mates on a field close to a WW1-11 site, and a ruin of an 11th century building, so plenty enough iron and coke to pick through, though not much modern trash.
Anyways, we we trying each otherd signals as we went along, and comparing notes.
I hit apon an easy iron tone, but with a lovely 2nd higher tone at the end of it. I was running zero iron bias, and could clearly hear the Nox high tone falsing on the edge of the iron, but the secondary high tone was rock solid and a knew it was a good target.
So over came my pal with his Deus running a pitch program i fed into it about a year ago, a similar one to what Calabash now uses, only mine at the time ran a much lower disc.
So sweeping around the target my pal obviously heard the iron, but it wasn't a digger for him, i'd guess the percentage ferrous/non-ferrous wasn't enough for him to want to dig.
So i gave him my headset and swept the target, he was quite surprised how good it sounded, and even more so when i pulled out the brass shell, and then a few inches deeper i pulled out the iron!.
This machine is so easy to use, any novice could be working like a pro in iron in no time, even without screwing it down to the bone in iron disc, once you isolate the target in iron and wiggle the coil, it is fantastic at holding a solid tone and ID that's unmistakable, whereas some detectors require that you run disc extremely low to give you that definition between targets.
I'd been really hesitant about buying the Nox, i never liked the Etrac's tones, i more enjoy a sharp, fast edgy type sound, but the Nox in 50 tones with a high reactivity is very enjoyable, and i feel it offers loads of info which helps compensate for the lack if modulation.

It's the most fun machine i've used in years......

Attachments

• 20180617_104544-600x800.jpg
    20180617_104544-600x800.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 424
I was out this morning with my mates on a field close to a WW1-11 site, and a ruin of an 11th century building, so plenty enough iron and coke to pick through, though not much modern trash.
Anyways, we we trying each otherd signals as we went along, and comparing notes.
I hit apon an easy iron tone, but with a lovely 2nd higher tone at the end of it. I was running zero iron bias, and could clearly hear the Nox high tone falsing on the edge of the iron, but the secondary high tone was rock solid and a knew it was a good target.
So over came my pal with his Deus running a pitch program i fed into it about a year ago, a similar one to what Calabash now uses, only mine at the time ran a much lower disc.
So sweeping around the target my pal obviously heard the iron, but it wasn't a digger for him, i'd guess the percentage ferrous/non-ferrous wasn't enough for him to want to dig.
So i gave him my headset and swept the target, he was quite surprised how good it sounded, and even more so when i pulled out the brass shell, and then a few inches deeper i pulled out the iron!.
This machine is so easy to use, any novice could be working like a pro in iron in no time, even without screwing it down to the bone in iron disc, once you isolate the target in iron and wiggle the coil, it is fantastic at holding a solid tone and ID that's unmistakable, whereas some detectors require that you run disc extremely low to give you that definition between targets.
I'd been really hesitant about buying the Nox, i never liked the Etrac's tones, i more enjoy a sharp, fast edgy type sound, but the Nox in 50 tones with a high reactivity is very enjoyable, and i feel it offers loads of info which helps compensate for the lack if modulation.

I love my Nox.
Sneaky devil.
It likely to a beginner user will alert on some nonferrous, and a new user will be thinking iron. Low and behold the nonferrous is down there. Listen close in AM after you locate. For the very middle of signal.
I snagged an old IH a few days ago.
Even I almost took the bait and thought iron.
Luckily I didn't.
Coin was a mere 4-5" deep.
I had been in this site loads before too with other detectors.
Had to walk in due to not being able to drive in owner's growing hay crop.
Wish I could have done head to head on this target with a few other detectors.

Btw using park 2 multi freq, ID was 30/31 on this IH.
With iron tone squeezing in tight on both sides when swept.
Checked with single freq, 5khz up yielded only 20 for ID, this is what made the target suspicious to me.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club!! you just gotta dig it to believe it , i quit trying to post about it , i figured soon enough people would have their own masking wows!

I found this little gem with the NOX (brass cover to an old padlock) in a path I mow in between dense blackberry bushes.

It is heavily laden with iron, two other detectors never alerted me on it.

There is even an old old cast iron radiator less than 3 feet away.

Attachments

• IMAG0991[1].jpg
    IMAG0991[1].jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 364
I love my Nox.

Sneaky devil.

It likely to a beginner user will alert on some nonferrous, and a new user will be thinking iron. Low and behold the nonferrous is down there. Listen close in AM after you locate. For the very middle of signal.

I snagged an old IH a few days ago.

Even I almost took the bait and thought iron.

Luckily I didn't.

Coin was a mere 4-5" deep.

I had been in this site loads before too with other detectors.

Had to walk in due to not being able to drive in owner's growing hay crop.

Wish I could have done head to head on this target with a few other detectors.

Btw using park 2 multi freq, ID was 30/31 on this IH.

With iron tone squeezing in tight on both sides when swept.

Checked with single freq, 5khz up yielded only 20 for ID, this is what made the target suspicious to me.

I myself sniffed out some Indians with that same ID between iron 30/31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quit clowning around.You Americans are too lazy to learn the Signum, would rather use switch and go machines.....

Wait, your not American. Oh well same goes for lazy People from other countries.You watch Americans too long, become lazy in your patterns.I would love to hunt behind you with my sorex pro providing I don't run out of vodkaSignum is same as sorex, you people are too lazy to learn them to be a proper detectorist.Would rather believe comic fantasys….:?:

Wait, your not American. Oh well same goes for lazy People from other countries.You watch Americans too long, become lazy in your patterns.I would love to hunt behind you with my sorex pro providing I don't run out of vodkaSignum is same as sorex, you people are too lazy to learn them to be a proper detectorist.Would rather believe comic fantasys….:?:

Say it again bibelot.lol..lazy good for nuffin Americans want immediate gratification all the time,too damn lazy to tie they’re shoes,slipper wearin sissy’s.lol.

Hahaha, he tried the restriction account for me,I was deleting my account and he lifted the restriction this time.What a Ham ! Speaking of Ham, I am looking forward to seeing some Hammy finds with the Nox.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom