Nox can't sniff out silver on edge?!

Well I have the 600 and tried the test with a silver coin on edge. A dime. It hits the dime width wise on all parks, all fields and all beach modes. All so in all metal. Length wise no at all. I must have a good one.

Well I have the 600 and tried the test with a silver coin on edge. A dime. It hits the dime width wise on all parks, all fields and all beach modes. All so in all metal. Length wise no at all. I must have a good one.

I think the problem is supposed to be with big silver on edge. Dimes good, quarters OK, halves and dollars = problem. At least thats how I understand it.

I think the problem is supposed to be with big silver on edge. Dimes good, quarters OK, halves and dollars = problem. At least thats how I understand it.
Yes I believe you are right. My 800 did much better on the silver dime. It was bad on a quarter and half though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Y'all are right, my 600 "losses it" on big silver also. I just tested a Franklin, like I tested the thin Merc,on edge. The Franklin, on edge, wrapped around too.

Running in Park2, it was fine. ML does have something to address here. Park1 program has been good to me. Guess I will need to change to Park2, and re-educate my ear and technique away from Park1.

I've yet to test a silver quarter on edge, but the loss with the Franklin is enough proof.

Y'all are right, my 600 "losses it" on big silver also. I just tested a Franklin, like I tested the thin Merc,on edge. The Franklin, on edge, wrapped around too.

Running in Park2, it was fine. ML does have something to address here. Park1 program has been good to me. Guess I will need to change to Park2, and re-educate my ear and technique away from Park1.

I've yet to test a silver quarter on edge, but the loss with the Franklin is enough proof.

Just change park 2 to 5 tone. That is what I did.

BCD

Just change park 2 to 5 tone. That is what I did.

BCD

I can run Park2 in multi and it works just fine on the edge-d Frankin. Park1 on my 600 fails on that edge-d half running 5khz. Park2 isn't a problem for me, running multi or 5khz. I expected multi in Park1 but even 5khz fails on mine

I can run Park2 in multi and it works just fine on the edge-d Frankin. Park1 on my 600 fails on that edge-d half running 5khz. Park2 isn't a problem for me, running multi or 5khz. I expected multi in Park1 but even 5khz fails on mine

5 tone not 5 KH. I was saying set the Park 2 to 5 tone like park 1 runs then your ears don't need to adjust to 30 tone.

BCD

5 tone not 5 KH. I was saying set the Park 2 to 5 tone like park 1 runs then your ears don't need to adjust to 30 tone.

BCD

My 600 only gave 3 tones as a selection, besides full multi frequency mode.

Again, multi or any tone selection on my 600, running Park1 program, misses the half on edge. I own an Etrac, Explorer SE, and three different Whites machines. They all hit that edge-d half. The Equinox simply misses edge-d, big silver, unless using Park2.

Five tones selected didn't help.

so word on the street is park 2 with 5 tones in multi will work? I just tried and my 800 wont hit. What am i missing?

The closer you get the numbers change gradually up to a 24:shock:. So depending how deep it is a zinc penny signal you leave may be a chunk of change. One problem the CTX doesnt have:shock:

I have never seen a machine as good as the CTX 3030 is at hitting correctly on coins in any conditions. It the audio is real solid and # are solid you can just about bet the house on it.

My 600 only gave 3 tones as a selection, besides full multi frequency mode.

Again, multi or any tone selection on my 600, running Park1 program, misses the half on edge. I own an Etrac, Explorer SE, and three different Whites machines. They all hit that edge-d half. The Equinox simply misses edge-d, big silver, unless using Park2.

Five tones selected didn't help.

3 tones isn't an option on the 600. 1/2/5/30 are the options. Default for Park 2 is 30 tone. I set to 5 tone and it sounds like Park 1.

so word on the street is park 2 with 5 tones in multi will work? I just tried and my 800 wont hit. What am i missing?

Not sure what's up. I can hit it solid on Park 2 in any tone option.

Going to do a video shortly to show you what I'm talking about.

BCD

Here is my video. Quick and dirty but you can see I put it in Park 2 5 tone and it hits solid and sounds like Park 1 5 tone.

https://youtu.be/wc0MehyNL_g

Last edited:
Check this YouTube video out in regards to silver on edge. Won't give a good ID in multi-iq.

https://youtu.be/3xrQ46EZQdQ

Just received the Equinox 800 and discovered that The same thing happens using the parameters shown on video. No stable or good IDs using multi! So being in denial ... I decided to sent a note and the Equinox Video link to The Equinox 800 Detect Modes to our ML Business Development Director here in North America to see if I would get any response. It is the same video link that you have posted here. Hope this may help?? The following is the reply I received!

"Thank you for your inquiry. As the gentleman states in the video, our Engineers are working directly with him to determine what is happening in these situations. Once they determine what the issue is and how it can be corrected, we will make a notice out to users. I personally have found that going in one direction, I get a solid hit, and then at 90 degrees, it still gets an ID, but jumps a bit."

Business Development Director – North America

Last edited:
I question how such a blatant problem was not identified by quality control.
Nevertheless .. I feel 99.9 percent confident that this will be solved with a simple update of the software.

So the question is:
Just how long is all this going to take to fix?
If I was in charge of directives, my statement would be, "All hands on deck."

Back
Top Bottom