Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 01-07-2018, 02:45 PM
Elite Member

Default Anyone else tired of the equinox buzz?!

Just had to ask! There is so much speculation and banter about this unit. I wish it would just come out so the threads switch to actual info. Iím tired of hearing about it and what itís ďgonnaĒ be.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by coin chaser View post
Just had to ask! There is so much speculation and banter about this unit. I wish it would just come out so the threads switch to actual info. Iím tired of hearing about it and what itís ďgonnaĒ be.

I read about one post a week for the entertainment value, but outside of that I ignore it. It's like watching a farmerdotcom commercial....I'm sure all those available women looking for a farmer are as attractive as those shown on TV.

I'm waiting for a thread on "What underwear should I buy to use my Equinox".

Squad Leader: Team Cupcake

Old 01-07-2018, 02:56 PM

ďI'm waiting for a thread on "What underwear should I buy to use my Equinox".

That ďdependsĒ on where you hunt.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:01 PM

in the beginning I checked out the posts about the Equinox but now I mostly avoid them. I'm already sick of hearing about it and it's not even released yet. Maybe it will be a great machine but I would never buy something as soon as it comes out. Others can be guinea pigs, not me. I'll start reading topics with Equinox in the title this time next year.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Supporter

Yes I'm tired of hearing about it, I want to be swinging one!

Old 01-07-2018, 03:55 PM
Elite Member

Yes, by the time it actually comes out, nobody will care anymore!
I am just waiting for a used one to hit the market

Old 01-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Elite Member

Oh it has to be the most hyped detector ever. But then it does offer some great things. It also comes down to the time of the year on the forums. We usually put up with air test after air test inside of houses because the weather is just bitter. Soon will be the early birds burying coins in fresh dug holes and doing depth tests. In the end you just got to acknowledge that Winter sucks more ways than one.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Elite Member

Yes and no. I do read every article every post on multiple forums, and the bickering is far more tiring than the speculation. What I do wish for (besides shipping notices) is the green light from Minelab for those who are testing to be able to speak or post videos, etc. I do realize that ďallowingĒ them to do so with prototype units wouldnít be a true reflection of the finished product, but the way it was released to up the hype and interest has only fueled the fire when it comes to the conflicts/discussions/arguments.

Just looking forward to the veil being lifted and swinging mine in my hunted to death honey hole.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:32 PM

The hype got me a great deal on a new Etrac!!!

Old 01-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Elite Member

I am a natural skeptic so I will only believe the hype when I get some reviews from people that I trust that actually have their hands on one and have put it through it's paces. I read a few of the posts regarding the Equinox but don't read them any more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect

Old 01-07-2018, 04:58 PM
24K Larry

Its likely not going to be like what is being tested anyway. I know when the pro minelab guy was saying how awesome his go find was a friend went out and bought one for beach hunting. Man that thing didn't get taken to the beach long

Old 01-07-2018, 05:00 PM
Elite Member

Iím just ready to get mine and go detecting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-07-2018, 05:03 PM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by Rattlehead View post

I got the money set aside but haven't pulled the order button yet. Luckily it should be out before the beach crowd shows up again. Too cold to water hunt the ocean anyways. That's the first place mines going while in warranty

Old 01-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Elite Member

Yes sir, me too! I have a spot that Iíve found a lot of old coins, a ton of Indians and barber dimes (but no old nickels?) and I canít wait to give my Equinox a chance to hold its own. This place is in my yard (Iíve got a giant yard) and Iíve pounded it to absolute death with my old ATPro with 4 different coils, then later with my trusty ETrac with 4 different coils. This is my go to place when I need to get out for a quick hunt. Iíve been over it every direction, speeds, discrim patterns, bone dry, sopping wet and literally dozens of times. Iím not saying this Equinox will be like going over virgin ground, but if it can squeak out a coin or two in this tiny area, Iíll definitely be impressed. But Iím skeptical, but Iím from Missouri, so I canít wait for it to ďShow MeĒ!

Old 01-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post

I read about one post a week for the entertainment value, but outside of that I ignore it. It's like watching a farmerdotcom commercial....I'm sure all those available women looking for a farmer are as attractive as those shown on TV.

I'm waiting for a thread on "What underwear should I buy to use my Equinox".
I always bust out my pink ones when swinging a new MD!

Originally Posted by Dan B View post
in the beginning I checked out the posts about the Equinox but now I mostly avoid them. I'm already sick of hearing about it and it's not even released yet. Maybe it will be a great machine but I would never buy something as soon as it comes out. Others can be guinea pigs, not me. I'll start reading topics with Equinox in the title this time next year.
Iím with ya!

Originally Posted by Detector View post
And thatís where the proof is!

Originally Posted by matmit View post
Yes, by the time it actually comes out, nobody will care anymore!
I am just waiting for a used one to hit the market
Haha smart man!

Originally Posted by goodmore View post
Oh it has to be the most hyped detector ever. But then it does offer some great things. It also comes down to the time of the year on the forums. We usually put up with air test after air test inside of houses because the weather is just bitter. Soon will be the early birds burying coins in fresh dug holes and doing depth tests. In the end you just got to acknowledge that Winter sucks more ways than one.
Oh yeah itís gotta be one of the most talked about MDís ever. Very true about the time of year as well.

Originally Posted by BlueDog View post
Yes and no. I do read every article every post on multiple forums, and the bickering is far more tiring than the speculation. What I do wish for (besides shipping notices) is the green light from Minelab for those who are testing to be able to speak or post videos, etc. I do realize that ďallowingĒ them to do so with prototype units wouldnít be a true reflection of the finished product, but the way it was released to up the hype and interest has only fueled the fire when it comes to the conflicts/discussions/arguments.

Just looking forward to the veil being lifted and swinging mine in my hunted to death honey hole.
Yeah if it were real and true info I would read but you can only twist the info thatís out so far. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Originally Posted by normx2 View post
The hype got me a great deal on a new Etrac!!!
Lol And you got a great MD that there is tons of true info on!

Originally Posted by pescadore View post
I am a natural skeptic so I will only believe the hype when I get some reviews from people that I trust that actually have their hands on one and have put it through it's paces. I read a few of the posts regarding the Equinox but don't read them any more.
Im with ya.

Originally Posted by itsaring! View post
Its likely not going to be like what is being tested anyway. I know when the pro minelab guy was saying how awesome his go find was a friend went out and bought one for beach hunting. Man that thing didn't get taken to the beach long
Lmao they were a flop!

Iím just ready to read how you like it.

I got the money set aside but haven't pulled the order button yet. Luckily it should be out before the beach crowd shows up again. Too cold to water hunt the ocean anyways. That's the first place mines going while in warranty
Lol smart man.

Originally Posted by BlueDog View post
Yes sir, me too! I have a spot that Iíve found a lot of old coins, a ton of Indians and barber dimes (but no old nickels?) and I canít wait to give my Equinox a chance to hold its own. This place is in my yard (Iíve got a giant yard) and Iíve pounded it to absolute death with my old ATPro with 4 different coils, then later with my trusty ETrac with 4 different coils. This is my go to place when I need to get out for a quick hunt. Iíve been over it every direction, speeds, discrim patterns, bone dry, sopping wet and literally dozens of times. Iím not saying this Equinox will be like going over virgin ground, but if it can squeak out a coin or two in this tiny area, Iíll definitely be impressed. But Iím skeptical, but Iím from Missouri, so I canít wait for it to ďShow MeĒ!
Canít wait to hear how it does in your yard.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:56 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Beachhunter View post
ďI'm waiting for a thread on "What underwear should I buy to use my Equinox".

That ďdependsĒ on where you hunt.

The Equinox is definitely a "commando" machine!

Old 01-07-2018, 10:44 PM

Steve Herschbach is one of the testers of the Equinox 800, and he shares all info that he can. He's getting dimes down 7" & 8" with correct IDs when none of the others he had tried in highly mineralized Reno can correctly ID dimes beyond 6". Detects coins close to trash (adjustable), can be swept fast, lightweight, goes underwater to 10 feet. First people getting them are those who pre-ordered, late Jan-early Feb. They will likely provide more info.

The 600 transmits on 5, 10, or 15 kHz, plus multi-IQ 5/10/15/20/40 kHz. Price is $649. The 800 transmits on 5, 10, 15, 20 or 40 kHz, or multi-IQ, and costs $899. Some will sell used units soon, saying lost job, have some major expense not in budget, got illness or injury ending detecting, or died and detector being sold by next of kin or others.

Just type in search the name of the detector and it should bring up every site with possibly helpful info. Best wishes.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:55 PM

Go Find 20/40/60 now replaced by Go Find 22/44/66.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:28 PM
Elite Member

I got tired of waiting for the Equinox and found a Deus (not lite) at a little more than the Equinox 800 would cost me. If it turns out as great as the buzz, maybe I'll go for it.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:55 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Detector View post
Me too! Although the weather may have other ideas, I will most likely have mine for a couple months before getting a chance to use it.... Until then I'll listen to all the "buzz " I can find.