Found a cache of coins

Damn... iron discrimination was not going to help you there. Nice find! Look around the house for more! The previous residents may have been as sloppy with their coins elsewhere on the property. :gettinmoney: :D

Sweet! Every used car I buy I pull the rear seat and get a few bucks change!

Makes you wonder how much money is in appliances or couch cushions or under car seats at the junkyards?
Mud

Not much in my area junkyards. That's what I do for my winter treasure hunting fix! :D

There is an auto shredding operation that figured out how to separate the change from the shredded car parts. I think they said on average there was like $1.50 per car.

my dryers from the 1950s.... and it rattles a ton.... hmmm maybe i should check back there...umm.., wheres does the change get stuck in the dryer?

Wonder how it gets in the inside back of the dryer, I will have to check mine :lol:

my dryers from the 1950s.... and it rattles a ton.... hmmm maybe i should check back there...umm.., wheres does the change get stuck in the dryer?

I think they fall in between the drum and the outside frame of the dryer. I know I wasn't able to get very many coins out without taking the back off.

Nice score!
Back in the late 70's I started collected coins,wheat pennies from mom and dads change a silver dime hear and there a couple silvers with a junk metal detector.
I had my best luck with old cars and old chairs and couches (watch for upholstery nails/staples). I'll never forget getting three mercury dimes and wheaties out of a old rocker and a walker shoved inside a card table...looks like I need to go back and sift around the old washing machine I remember laying half buried in the woods...you never know?

Keep that up and they will have to put a dryer hunting section in the forums. Congrats on the finds. Careful I think you can get in trouble for money laundering.

I remember a post a few years back...one of the guys found a old wood desk at a dump....he got curious, looking at it to see if it could be repaired, pulled out the drawers to see if they were dovetailed corners and whatnot...and noticed some old yellow tape on the underneath side of one, peeled it off... stuck there was a $5 gold coin...!

I dont know if this is true, but I've been checking the undersides of old desk drawers at garage sales ever since!:laughing:
Mud

Y'know... if you really want to clean up, in terms of coins, rings, jewelry, etc...

This is NOT a method for the faint of heart!!

But go to local car washes and ask to clean out their vacuum collectors!

Wear heavy gloves AND a respirator! If they allow you to... you'll sort through some of the WORST debris known to man... but you will ALSO pull out some INCREDIBLE stuff!! I once knew a guy who did it for a living. The car washes paid him, and he took the debris home and laid it out to dry and then sorted through it. He would find diamond rings, brooches, gold, coins and all KINDS of stuff. But he said the stink was also incredible. He was able to buy a new car on what he found!

SageGrouse

Back
Top Bottom