Garrett AT Pro vs. AT Pro Gold questions

Loco Ken

Was wondering if any of you out there have tried both and what your pros/cons between the two are. If you are only spending $70-80 for the Gold and it's a much better detector, why would you go with the non-Gold model? Anyway, thanks for the tips in advance.

I'd go with the gold because it comes with the 5x8 coil. I'm under the impression the two machines are performance wise basically the same but I've only used the pro. Because there are so many ATpros compared to ATgolds you can easily trade (maybe even get a little cash too) for an ATpro control box if you choose to do so later and end up getting a pro with a 5x8 for less than what it would cost to buy the pair straight up.

The gold is hotter on the lowest conductors.

Also At Pro has no True All Metal vs the Gold that does.

True AM definitely deeper on targets; especially in hotter soil.....

I'd go with the gold because it comes with the 5x8 coil. I'm under the impression the two machines are performance wise basically the same but I've only used the pro. Because there are so many ATpros compared to ATgolds you can easily trade (maybe even get a little cash too) for an ATpro control box if you choose to do so later and end up getting a pro with a 5x8 for less than what it would cost to buy the pair straight up.

I guess I should have asked if they were basically the same unit being able to go after both coins and jewelry and the Gold being better for finding Gold but I digress. There are different frequency's for each type of metal then, I take it. Can detectors operate on multiple frequency's very well? If so, the Gold sounds like a no-brainer.

The gold is hotter on the lowest conductors.

Also At Pro has no True All Metal vs the Gold that does.

True AM definitely deeper on targets; especially in hotter soil.....

Thanks, sharpshooter! I'm going out on a limb here. Are you from TN? Just curious as we are thinking of moving there. Have had the Nashville area in our sights for a year now.

Just remember the Gold is a single freq machine just like the AT Pro--just different freqs.

Yep I live in Tn. In a rural area though, about 80 miles from Nashville.
Nashville is really growing as is the counties surrounding Davidson county-Nashville.

No state income tax. Nashville immediate area is definitely more expensive cost of living wise vs where I live----night and day.

Seems to be lots of opportunity employment wise in the area.

Climate is not bad overall.
July and August are the dreadful humid/hot months in summer.
Dec 16-Feb 28 is usually when you will experience the coldest periods.

Back
Top Bottom