New Silver U max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt..if you dont like the machine..you dont like the machine,simple as that... you shouldnt have to explain yourself.them one tone machines drive some folks nuts,i love them..as a matter of fact i find TID machines a bit distracting. you like the F2 and the F4 i think you will love the F75,i own one and its a great machine and impresses me every time i use it but i dont use it as much as i should since i prefer my tesoros. as far as the silver umax and performance i would compare it to any lower mid range machine on the market...anyone that tells you or has told you itll hunt the same as mid high to high range machines has no clue what they are talking about..its a good machine but there is a reason its in a low price range{you get what you pay for} i often here the silver is compairable to the cibola...which is pure ignorance...no offense ment to anyone. the silver is a good machine but has its limits just like every machine on the market...ive never held a machine that was a complete POS...ive held machines that i just did not like but that does not mean they where junk. but anyway...i think you will really enjoy the F75 i would like to suggest you get the small coil for it as well,that coil is one hot coil and its depth and ability to seperate trash and good targets is amazing.

Interesting that everyone seems to think its always a personal likes/dislikes or ground conditions that effect the choice of a detector. I buy a machine because I've tried it but only go to a dealer that lets me try out two or three of the same model because there's so many lemons around.

The Tesoro in question could be a cold one. Some detectors are built to military spec others to medical spec. Tesoros, like Garretts, Bounty Hunter etc are just built and if your lucky you might get a "hot" one but you could just as likely get one thats only just in spec. with a coil thats the same and then you are in trouble.

Part of the reason why the Nexus is deeper than similar machines is not the coil design but because the manufacturer was hand building them and putting a large percentage in the bin because they didn't meet the exacting standards Georgi had set for the company.
The machine in question should be compared to a similar one to see if its working correctly.

I will post about the machine that I bought today at a later time. In what little time I have used it the F75 seems to be pretty nice.

jeepers man, seems like you've got more money than sense.Don't go out buying new metal detectors every time you get bored with your other one or ones.Quick piece of advice for you,,,,get used to the metal detector that you've got.The best detector in the world is crap if the operator doesn't take time to learn how to operate it correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom