Bottles Found While Scouting New Area

Yeki

Forum Supporter
My wife and I own a sailboat that we keep at a yacht club year round. It's more my wife's hobby than it is mine but I help her with upkeep and maintenance. I had been asking around at the club regarding its history and found that the buildings go back to about the early thirties. While there over the weekend, I had a little time to kill, so I scouted the woods area of the property. Stuck in the underside of a root ball of a uprooted tree was the Clicquot soda bottle. It's light aqua in color. I'm not sure of the age but they were bought out by Canada Dry in the 60's.
picture.php

I found this small, odd mouthed bottle tucked in some leaves on the ground. Its green and has a strange mouth. Cant imagine it's age or what it was used for. There appears to be bubbles in the glass but they are very small and only a couple. I just think it's neat looking...
picture.php

Thanks for looking. I hope to get back there soon with the MD!!!

nice bottles!!! that Clicquot bottle might be worth some fat money. It's a color other than aqua or clear and the embossing is different than most. (unless the lighting and the red cloth makes it look amber) I'll check and get some info about it....

the other one looks like a snuff bottle with a longer neck than most or could be a generic med. Still a great looking bottle.

It's a color other than aqua or clear and the embossing is different than most. (unless the lighting and the red cloth makes it look amber)
It is light aqua in color. I don't think its worth more than about 5 bucks. Any info you find is appreciated! Thank you!

yah..light aqua is common as you said. Just looked amber because of the cloth behind it and the way the light was.( i should have read the last cpl sentences).
Nice to find bottles just lying on the ground or at least visible to the naked eye like that. Other than the inlaws farm (which has years of digging left in it), haven't had much time to scout rr tracks and woodlines..
Some nice naked eye bottle finds on this forum so far.

Back
Top Bottom