• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox factory reset when changing coils?

fullbattery

Forum Supporter
For some reason I have been under the impression that it's necessary to do a factory reset any time the coil is changed on my Equinox 800. I even recommended doing so in this linked post: https://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=3093259&postcount=10.

Looking through the manual, there is no mention of this being a requirement. Where did I get the notion? :?:

It makes sense to not have to do a reset because the reset erases user profile settings. If a factory reset was necessary when changing coils, Minelab would have provided an additional reset option that preserves user profile settings.

tnsharpshooter's advice in this post seems like the right approach: https://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=3084447&postcount=12
Not required to do full reset to get good ops when switching coils.

However I recommend doing a full reset every now and then, or if you witness some thing incorrect ops wise.

For folks who use their machines almost daily maybe a full reset every month.
For folks like weekend warriors types every 3 or 4 months.

Doesn’t take long to set detector back up really.

Again this is just my opinion.
Do what you wish.

Do you return settings to factory preset values when changing coils on an Equinox?

I have done it both ways, I've noticed no difference. And I have been switching between the factory, the 6 and the 15 a lot lately it seems. I do a mode reset and maintain my user profile. With THE AT Pro I did a factory reset and with the Etrac I did a soft reset, not a master reset. Good luck Mark

no need to do that at all. Each Minelab coil for the Equinox has a circuit on board and that seems to eliminate the need to do a factory reset when changing coils.

You probably got the idea from other detectors like the AT Pro which you do have to do a factory reset when you change coils.

Attachments

• equinoxcoilxray.jpg
    equinoxcoilxray.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,324
You probably got the idea from other detectors like the AT Pro which you do have to do a factory reset when you change coils.
I suspect you are right. I have an AT Max that was purchased before the Equinox 800.

Back
Top Bottom