I Need Prayers Please! 🙏

A lumpectomy is a a way to remove some of the suspicious tissue, to do a pathology examination. It doesn't necessarily remove the whole tumor, unless it is really small. Good luck Penny.

Thanks! :D

You are a good person, you make this world a better place. You have lots to do and lots to look forward to once you get over this obstacle. Prayers for you to be brave and have great family and medical support. God bless!

Prayers and thoughts your way Penny. Look forward to your finds posts when that time comes.

I've been given special permission to metal detect a location I used to detect regularly a long time ago. But now the owner is very slow to allow anyone to detect his area. But on occasion he will allow me to come and this Saturday is my day to go provided it ain't raining. I usually find something good every time I go - it's known for silver and older coins. I have found Barber dimes there in the past so I'm hoping this time will be no different. I have found Barber dimes, V nickels, Mercs, Rosies, even Washington quarters so there's a wide variety there and I have found jewelry and that is where I found my Peace Dollar back in March of last year. He has given me a 3 hour period Saturday morning to hunt. Wish me luck!

We have not had rain in so long the ground is like concrete but rumor has it we are supposed to get rain either today or tomorrow. So maybe that will help for this weekend. The temps have started to come down a bit - still in the 80's but it sure is better than the mid-90s!

Pathology Results -- I See The Surgeon Monday!

I go Monday to see the surgeon for the consult. As soon as I know something about when the surgery will be I will let everyone know. Just keep me in your prayers.

A nurse practitioner from the VA called me and read the pathology report from the biopsy. She said that the cancer hasn't gone anywhere else, still in the very beginning stages. She says they call it either low intermediate or high and she said mine is intermediate. But mine has not spread and it is still extremely tiny.

I do not know what the surgeon will say so just pray and I'll let you know as soon as I know something.

Doctor Consult!

It did not go well! 😠🤬 The doctor said he would do a lumpectomy followed by radiation for 5 days a week for 5 weeks. If I refuse radiation then he would do a full mastectomy! It is not fair. It is not that I want to refuse radiation but I have to take public transportation every time I go. $15 x 5 days = $75 wk x 5 wks = $375! I DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY! And by the time I have the surgery and heal up it will be winter. And if it snows transportation won't take me. I can't miss a treatment! But they don't care.

The VA won't pay it. I don't qualify for travel pay (which will only pay for VA visits). My BCBS insurance won't pay either because I don't qualify for TNCARE's or MEDICAID's FREE Medical Transportation Rides.

So I'm just screwed.

And the doctor told me that it was pre-cancer (suspicious cells). A mastectomy is just bit much in my book for not actually being cancer!
😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠

It did not go well! ���� The doctor said he would do a lumpectomy followed by radiation for 5 days a week for 5 weeks. If I refuse radiation then he would do a full mastectomy! It is not fair. It is not that I want to refuse radiation but I have to take public transportation every time I go. $15 x 5 days = $75 wk x 5 wks = $375! I DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY! And by the time I have the surgery and heal up it will be winter. And if it snows transportation won't take me. I can't miss a treatment! But they don't care.

The VA won't pay it. I don't qualify for travel pay (which will only pay for VA visits). My BCBS insurance won't pay either because I don't qualify for TNCARE's or MEDICAID's FREE Medical Transportation Rides.

So I'm just screwed.

And the doctor told me that it was pre-cancer (suspicious cells). A mastectomy is just bit much in my book for not actually being cancer!
������������������������������

Penny I am so sorry to hear this !!

I would like to help out if you don't mind so if you could PM me your address then I will put something in the mail !! It sucks that our government sometimes fails our vets

penny i am so sorry to hear this !!

I would like to help out if you don't mind so if you could pm me your address then i will put something in the mail !! It sucks that our government sometimes fails our vets

msg sent!

Possibly other options in the works MAYBE!!!

Will be checking with The American Cancer Society and The American Red Cross. Have been told that they have volunteer drivers to carry cancer patients to their surgeries and/or treatments FREE. So I will be calling them tomorrow to see what's available.

I'll keep you all posted on what I find out.

Not likely to need any help from anyone even them until probably in December at the rate things are getting scheduled. So we'll see. Take One Day At A Time! Sweet Jesus! :yes:

UPDATE: American Cancer Society: I went to the American Cancer Society Page to check on transportation. I did a search by zip code. Yeah they found me transportation -- it ain't free! IT IS THE LOCAL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION -- $15 per trip! That would be 5 days a week for 5 weeks -- no discount $375. AND THEY DO NOT TRAVEL ON DAYS THEY "SEE" SNOW -- DOESN'T HAVE TO HIT THE GROUND OR STICK! They see flurries they won't travel (ran into that problem 3 yrs ago with my skin cancer app'ts with my doctor -- had to reschedule the app't.) So they are NOT totally reliable. Wonder if the cancer society knows that!

Probably won't do any good to check with The American Red Cross -- they'll probably list the SAME transportation company!

The only possibility MIGHT BE that they will take the patient FREE if the these organizations PAY THEM instead of the patient -- not holding my breath on that one.

Last edited:
Have a phone number to call tomorrow so I may get a different situation that might work keep you posted.

Had A LONG Talk With The American Cancer Society. . .

aaaaaaaand I'm all set up for FREE TRANSPORTATION! They are picking me up and taking me to my MRI and to my next doctor's app't.!!! They told me to call them when I know something about when my radiation treatments start and they will schedule rides for ALL OF THEM in advance. All I have to do is get all app'ts scheduled and call them and give them all the dates/times. They would even take me for my surgery but I told them I was going to have friends take me and bring me home so I will have friends there after the surgery. They said that was fine. They said that they could even help me with expenses if needed (VA has that under control).

Also they have a Cancer Information Group that will talk to me about the surgery the radiation and ANY questions I have regarding my "care" and what to expect in the future -- a kind of a support system.

So I feel much better.

Back
Top Bottom