X-Terra 705 Upgrade to Equinox 600 Question

EightInchesDeep

Hi all,

Quick question. I have the 705 Dual Pack. I don't ever do prospecting and rarely put that 10x5" coil on. I am considering selling it and getting the Nox 600.

Does anyone here have real experience with both? Is the learning curve from the 705 to the Nox 600 pretty straight-forward or is it like starting all over again when I went from my Harbor Freight 9-Function to the 705? :D

Is going to the 600 a worthwhile upgrade? I like the waterproof aspect, although I don't do much by the water yet, but do some creeks, etc. I already have some apt-x wireless headphones so that makes it nice to be able to use those with it.

Thanks!

EiD

Hi,

If you are very experienced with the 705 you should pick up the Equinox fairly quickly as long as you don't think of it as the same detector or even a further development of the 705. It definitely isn't.

There are lots of similarities between the audio, the target ID range, and the control unit buttons and functions. The 705 is a very solid, relatively quiet detector in discrimination modes and is fairly quiet in prospecting mode.

The Equinoxes are much hotter as far as the transmit frequencies employed and their gain levels. The detecting modes are outstanding and you have full range of discrimination throughout the target ID range-no more 2 segment bins. The audio adjustments, tone breaks and other user adjustments along with the simultaneous multi frequencies are what set it apart from the 705.

I always felt like the power inside the 705 was hidden and was very controlled like a calm, domesticated pet.

The Equinox feels like a bit like a powerful wild animal in comparison but a very nice one!

Jeff

I found the upgrade to be very worthy, The two machines are very similar in so many ways that I never felt like there was any learning curve. With the super fast recovery speed of the Equinox and the familiar tones of the 705 you will like the Nox from the first hunt. Good luck with your decision and if you decide on the Equinox let us know what you think. HH!

I sold my 705 and ordered a Nox 600 yesterday. It should be here today. I'll let you know what I think!

Thanks for the responses and info.

EiD

There’s a difference between APTX and APTX-LL. You need the LL, low latency or you will have a hard time finding targets.

Oh !!!!! I didn't know that. Thanks! I guess I will have to return the APTX ones. Do you have any ones on Amazon you recommend w/o breaking the bank?

Thanks!

While I have only used my nox 800 a bit in the dirt I do have a ton of experience on the xterra 705. First impressions are good on the nox, super light, and the ability to make individual sound bins for different id's is nice but being able to actually adjust the volume on the sound bins is REALLY nice, something the x terra can not do. I prefer to do this rather than notch out targets so i don't get the null lag. There are certain differences that i am sure i can program in to the nox but have not yet, going to take some time.
I am still learning and am FAR from getting really comfortable with the nox but it seems nice so far...

Back
Top Bottom