frustration

.....you were given a time out...

definition of a 'time out" stick ya ugly butt in a corner
facing the wall with a "mickey the dunce" cap on ya head!
harsh, but effective! ehe! he! heh!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

For those who want to see what it looks like to be in a FMDF time-out :laughing:
......and you even get to wear that shirt ! :laughing:
FMDF_time_out_corner.jpg

Yeah, I was banned there, but I didn't know it, because I LEFT the forum before I was banned. I accidentally clicked a link to the forum a couple months later, and a notice popped up. Sort of made me laugh, because I had no intention of coming back.

My reason was solid, by my actions upon leaving were admittedly pretty petty and vindictive. :roll:

The reason I left is that I didn't like being repeatedly attacked by forum members for choosing to KEEP the gold I find (several folks over there actually attacked my parenting morality with "way to teach your son good ethics" and garbage like that. (This in spite of having a history of getting stuff back to owners. Sheesh.) Anyway. I got pissed at the forum members, and noted that the mods should really do something about it. When I left, though, I deleted all my helpful posts over the year or so that i'd been there. It didn't take long, as I developed a little "system" for accessing them and deleting them. I think I spent 45 minutes total. My justification for doing so, was that the forum didn't deserve my content if they couldn't treat me (and I was a "paying" member) with a basic level of respect. I know forums make money by having content searchable online, and people come in. So... I removed it. Figured it was mine, and the system allowed me to edit/modify the content, so I did it. I think I was banned under the rule that I disparaged the mods (like that mattered at that point), as there was no rule about editing. I know it created a bit of a disturbance with the forum content having holes in it, as I had several thousand posts.

I found out about a year later, that they changed the policy (I was talking with a forum member friend by e-mail and he let me know), and I guess you can't edit content after a specific amount of time. Bottom line is, I admit what I did was PETTY, but it was exactly what I wanted to do to essentially give the forum a consequence for treating members like garbage. I don't believe they (the entire forum) deserved my content after failing to keep things under basic civility.

Here, I've never had that problem... EVER. People here are amazing, and the mods' rules are a bit different. It is a better fit for me. I love it, and will never go back. Friendly Metal Detecting Forum is "my clubhouse."

Skippy

Probably another victim of the "Dent's Run Civil War gold" story. You can't say anything negative about that story or you get a vacation. They gave me a one year vacation for commenting about his tall tale. That guy must be pals with one of the mods over there...

LOL

FreeBird, I think you were one of the people who noted when I'd left the other forum, and were very kind about it. I'm glad you're here, buddy. :)

Skippy

For those who want to see what it looks like to be in a FMDF time-out :laughing:
......and you even get to wear that shirt ! :laughing:
View attachment 472113

That is funny ! But where is the dunce cap ? Looks like he is in an elevator. My timeout from the forum forced me to just go out and hunt more. And of course more gold....so it actually worked out.

FreeBird, I think you were one of the people who noted when I'd left the other forum, and were very kind about it. I'm glad you're here, buddy.

Glad I found this site, Skippy! Hard to post on that other site because you feel like you're walking on eggs all the time. I may have battles with some posters here once in awhile, but I respect their right to disagree with my opinion. If they get too nasty, I just put them on my ignore list. No big deal.

Glad I found this site, Skippy! Hard to post on that other site because you feel like you're walking on eggs all the time. I may have battles with some posters here once in awhile, but I respect their right to disagree with my opinion. If they get too nasty, I just put them on my ignore list. No big deal.

I've done that only to two members. Sometimes I'll be reading a thread, and miss something, but then I remember there's an ignore. LOL

Skippy

.... for choosing to KEEP the gold I find (several folks over there actually attacked my parenting morality with "way to teach your son good ethics" and garbage like that....

Really ? Banned for that ?

This subject comes up @ various times on md'ing forums : Whether we md'rs should track down ring owners (like in cases of class rings, or other identifying marks, like an insurer's serial #, etc...). And although I'm on the side of "return, and take the risk of ingrates", yet I do not see the "pirate's side" of the debate, as being reason to ban someone.

Perhaps I'm not understanding the severity of the exchanges you are referring to. But if it's strictly this age-old debate of pirate vs repatriations, then .... that doesn't seem to be ban-worthy.

I had a lady ask me if i ever found anything good. I replied that on rare occasion i might. she asked what i had found. I said from time to time i might find a piece of jewelry to go along with the modern coins that i find.

She asked do you give the jewelry back> I said if i can identify the loser i will give it back to them. She got on her High Horse and said I think you should give it all back.

I asked her to take off her wedding band. She asked me why. I said i want you to show me your phone number that you have engraved in your ring. Well I dont have anything engraved in it.

I then asked how would i know how to get in touch with you if you lost your ring.

She said I still think you should give it all back as she stomped off down the beach.

Not sure which site you are referring.. but I was banned on 1 a couple of years ago for "trying" to defend 1 race (mid-east) against another. Completely absurd accusations in an attempt to sway opinions... it must have worked as the US embassy has moved locations.

Some of the old greats frequent this site such as Reg, Fisher and a few other of the original creators... makes no sense to me. Site is run by guys calling themselves "Governor" and other names on that level. Bunch of jokes.

I had a lady ask me if i ever found anything good. I replied that on rare occasion i might. she asked what i had found. I said from time to time i might find a piece of jewelry to go along with the modern coins that i find.

She asked do you give the jewelry back> I said if i can identify the loser i will give it back to them. She got on her High Horse and said I think you should give it all back.

I asked her to take off her wedding band. She asked me why. I said i want you to show me your phone number that you have engraved in your ring. Well I dont have anything engraved in it.

I then asked how would i know how to get in touch with you if you lost your ring.

She said I still think you should give it all back as she stomped off down the beach.

Hilarious story. Yes, some people see md'rs as "vultures preying off of other's mis-fortunes" (how can you be so evil ? :laughing: )

It's amazing how some people can have such a lack of basic understanding to not understand how can you give something back if there is no way to tell who it belonged to ?

It's amazing how some people can have such a lack of basic understanding to not understand how can you give something back if there is no way to tell who it belonged to ?
I've had this scenario happen quite a few times. Another thing I say is , How do you know they didn't take the ring off and throw it into the water on purpose ? I have seen this happen on a pier.

Now , because I'm tired of answering this question by rude , condescending people I say : if people had commonsense and cared about their jewelry , they wouldn't be so STUPID and wear it to the beach in the 1st place. This will drive them off as they cover their hands or put the jewelry in their pocket.

Some of the beaches here in CT have a rule that anything over a $50 value must be turned into the management running the beach... yeah right... all I find is pull tabs and bottlecaps.. :yes:

Huh. Had no idea I was surrounded by miscreants and troublemakers. Then again, I actually met the KOB and that should have tipped me off :dash3:

Back
Top Bottom