Minelab CTX 3030 Issue

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I've just noticed lately that I've been getting a lot of 33-41 and 33-42 signals with my CTX. I've never had them before up until a few weeks ago.
I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the coil.
Has anyone else with a CTX ever had that issue?
It's very annoying because I hear good signals everywhere.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've just noticed lately that I've been getting a lot of 33-41 and 33-42 signals with my CTX. I've never had them before up until a few weeks ago.
I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the coil.
Has anyone else with a CTX ever had that issue?
It's very annoying because I hear good signals everywhere.

What mode and how do you have your detector setup?
Did you change anything?
Get a nail and a dime and sweep and check.

What mode and how do you have your detector setup?

Did you change anything?

Get a nail and a dime and sweep and check.
I had it in coins mode but I had messed with the settings about the time it started I think....I'm pretty sure I enabled iron to be audible. I've had the machine for about a year and still haven't figured out the settings and controls. I downloaded the manual last night so I'm going to have to do some studying.

You can move your Fe line up to about 26-27 and eliminate most of that. Still may dig the occasional nail , especially if sense is running high using 26-27 but i think you will enjoy it more.

Yep, you could just close up your pattern a little bit to eliminate most of the iron. What separation mode are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! Your help is much appreciated! I figured out what my problem was..... I had pushed the Accept/Reject button right after I went over some iron that was reading the numbers I've been seeing. I had the selection at a 5x5 area so it was making all kinds of iron audible. I need to learn my machine a little better!

You could also do a RESET if you think you might of changed anything else and forgot what you did.

Thanks everyone! Your help is much appreciated! I figured out what my problem was..... I had pushed the Accept/Reject button right after I went over some iron that was reading the numbers I've been seeing. I had the selection at a 5x5 area so it was making all kinds of iron audible. I need to learn my machine a little better!

Hah, I've actually done that exact thing before too. Glad you got it sorted.

Getting around all of the controls effectively will make that particular machine a WAY better experience. The accuracy is just silly.

Back
Top Bottom