At least I got out of the house!

medicchief

Forum Supporter
Our pole barn would make a good all weather MD training site. For some reason there is clad everywhere, which I had already noticed with my SE Pro. That said, I recently purchased an X-Terra 705 and have been dying to get it out for a test run. With last week's blizzard and snow still on the ground, I decided to stroll over to the pole barn and see if someone may have lost something of value besides clad. I wasn't so lucky, although the ID of the 2 nickels did get me going for a second or two! Junk and $1.21 cents in an hour. I passed on 30+ pennies, which I'll let our grandkids have fun hunting for....This week should be a lot more productive...HH!

Attachments

• IMG_1845.jpg
    IMG_1845.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 285
Thats much better than my last outing. Pulled Xcal out of the car and it was not working. Pulled the sovereign gt and went to work. two and a half hours later I had found three nickels and a dime with 7 felix pennies. The beach just would not give up anything.

Over sixty miles of driving and not enough for a cup of coffee. But i got out

Thank y'all! My sister and I will be finishing my mother's estate wishes Monday and Tuesday (we lost her Jan. 30th), so it's on after that! Lost my father 12 years ago today, so it was good to get out.....I was blessed with the greatest parents! HH!

Glad you got to try out the Xterra. I have had them in the past and they are good machines!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sometimes just getting out is 99.99% of the battle. Snow areas looks detectable too :D

So right GroundSweeper! I did get out form under the pole barn and detected to the right of it where a women used to live in one of those one room portable KOA type buildings. Nothing but penny signals, which I chose to skip. I'll hit it some more, who knows, there might be some lost jewelry somewhere. Thanks!

Glad you got to try out the Xterra. I have had them in the past and they are good machines!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised. I had notched out beaver tails and pulls tabs on one program and it was hammering the nickels. The 705 has a good reputation for finding gold as well.... Woodbutcher made me a good deal on it all (705 and 3 coils), to include a prototype pro-coil for the X-Terra. With the pro-coil it is really deep and accurate. I was also able to find the prototype mate to my 7.5 kHz pro-coil, in 18.75 kHz. It's on it's way, but has been stuck in MS since Thursday!

Back
Top Bottom