2020 Retrospective

PrussianBleu

Things sadly have been pretty busy and I realized that I didn't post a November Wrap-Up, much less a December or a Year In Review. Shame on me! I'll post some basic pics to get the ball rolling though.

Suffice to say, 2020 was a better metal detecting year than I would have ever dreamed of; 95 Silver coins including my first Seated, 282 Wheat Cents, 5 IHCs, 17 .925 items. All came from public ground except one Merc.

Markinswpa posted on my retrospective last year that I was going to find 50 silver coins this year, and I laughed! But as my count was steadily increasing all year I thought about that comment a lot. And I'm very thankful that I was almost able to double that prediction.

All this is going to be pretty difficult to match in 2021, but I'll do my best.

Thanks for looking!
019d1149aa2e466d69131c3c465f8dd6.jpg
d820eeae0bbbcf67f4c76fccce4208c0.jpg
9a62fabadebdda5c3eb73a1627dca845.jpg
d439032dfafe934ff66d800db18feca4.jpg
fa344fa80fb3560ee3c5d44e72e70a48.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome show and display! Nice mix of silvers. Looks so nice all together. Thanks for posting.

Amazing year and display. Dang lot of Mercs in there. Seated is amazing. Major good year, congrats! Where’d you get the case?

Amazing year and display. Dang lot of Mercs in there. Seated is amazing. Major good year, congrats! Where’d you get the case?
Many thanks! The case came from Hobby Lobby but the quality is not fantastic. I modified it by drilling holes in all four corners and using carriage bolts and wingnuts to hold the whole production together. This way, all the coins are sandwiched between the glass and the interior padding and I can move it around and even hang it on the wall without the coins sliding all around.

Very nice display PB and congrats on a stellar year, a very impressive pile of silver. especially when 2020 was such a challenging year with the Covid lock down, a very dry summer and so on. And Attaboy on your first seated, still looking for one. Here in Pa. we have had a slow start as I see you guys weather is worse than ours. Saw grass yesterday for the first time this month. So 2021, heres to heavy pockets and may you surpass 2020's total with a silver dollar thrown in for good measure. Good luck,Mark

Very nice display PB and congrats on a stellar year, a very impressive pile of silver. especially when 2020 was such a challenging year with the Covid lock down, a very dry summer and so on. And Attaboy on your first seated, still looking for one. Here in Pa. we have had a slow start as I see you guys weather is worse than ours. Saw grass yesterday for the first time this month. So 2021, heres to heavy pockets and may you surpass 2020's total with a silver dollar thrown in for good measure. Good luck,Mark
Many thanks Mark; your words last year were a perpetual inspiration to me. May we both have great success (and Steated!) this year.

Great job on all the treasure! But those finger nails.:?:
Sorry, sometimes they get long on me before I notice lol. I nearly pulled them off trying to claw my first Walker out of the ground without scratching it with my Lesche.

Back
Top Bottom