Pulse Dive Users - A Question

partyofone

Elite Member
Good Morning,

For all of you that use the Nokta Makro Pulse Dive, Which of the two coils would you recommend?

I got a pulse dive with the Simplex that I bought and want to set it up for some river hunting this summer. It only has the point tip on it. I have a cottage on a river and it might be fun for my daughter to be able to do some hunting in the water. She swims all day!

I was curios about the differences in the 5" and 8" coils.

Thanks,
Erik

well, i dont have one yet but looking. i read where the smaller coil is preferred by most, and sweep speed is a factor. i have a SimplEx with standard coil and sweep speed is a factor there. its noticeable on many detectors, as i have several with different type coils --- Double D and concentric both, and i have to remember moving them at the correct speed, brand wise and performance wise. anything bigger under water when i wade with my AT Pro is harder to swing. I have a weighted non buoyant Tesoro coil and the same size coil that is buoyant really makes it hard to swing. i have drifted to smaller or medium sized coils except in large open places with sparse targets.

yea i dont have one YET, looking, but tried to answer on research basis. half prob opinions.

and i dont want celldwellr to run out of popcorn before an answer:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Had one and tried with both coils, briefly. On mens sized rings it seemed as if there was maybe 2" further response with the larger. Didn't do much actual comparison. They are "blind" to quite a bit of jewelry pieces, like small earrings, chains and crosses. They did ok on most substantial rings or coins, sometimes surprisingly well, but sometimes not so well. The larger didn't seem any more blind versus the 5" to the same small items or crosses, etc.

I've had a fair bit of success with the pulsedive. The key is it can fit in small spaces other dive detectors can't, that's the extra depth it gives you. So if you've got large area's to cover I'd go for something else as a main detector, but the PD is very discrete as well so I like it for that to.

Back
Top Bottom