Minelab Excalibur

joshpughnaples

I have a chance to buy an excalibur for real good price!! I do have a ?
is this a good all around MD for all areas or mainly water? mostly hunt beach sand,parks,some water hunnting

No, it's not an "all around" detector. It could be used in places like parks, but it's far from ideal there. It's home is the beach and water.

There is no true best "all around" machine...

While I hate to disagree with Jason, I and many other Sovereign owners (The Excal is basically a Sovereign in a waterproof housing) use our machines with great success in parks and fields and the like, but it (the Excal) IS definitely most at home at the beach. If I had to choose between an Excal and some other equally priced (you said "for a real good price", and I assume it is a used machine) machine, I would have to get the Excal hands down. The only other machine (in the used Excal at a really good price range) you can get wet is the AT Pro. And it is a single frequency machine which will drive you nuts in salt water and won't see as deep as an Excal. Get that Excal if the price is that good, you won't regret it.

If the price is right the Excal is an excellent purchase. It can be hip mounted for land use. I still would rather use something else if I were hunting a park though.

Put a straight shaft on it because the S shaft was meant to be used by divers... the way it nulls out on bottlecaps would make it a great choice for park hunting for me if I hunted parks... :yes: $700 is a fair price.. I have seen some for less and many for more ;) Just check it for any cracks in the housing and have him show you how it operates... check the knobs etc,

Could work in a park.Be one of my last choices though.Definitely won't be hunting for gold in most parks other than a totlot.Every park i've ever been to is loaded with aluminum.Disc out all the low conductors and you should be okay.Use a 10" coil on the lawn for low tones there may not be any lawn left when you get done.At least the sov gt you can change coils.Excal you are stuck with 8" or 10".If you don't like it sounds like you can easily get your money back.

Ya can't beat

That deal 3 month's old ,the Excalibur just went up in price 1499.00,if you don't like it you can re-sell it for 1000.00-1100.00,happy hunting Earl

Your in Naples, The good stuff is in the water, drysand, and I would say the small parks next to the beachs, you find gold..you won't even think about the land..Buy it!

Back
Top Bottom