New hobby

GtiKyle

Just wanted to drop a hello, and I'll probably lurk more than post. I live in the PNW and took advantage of the recent ebay coupons to pick up a detector. I wanted one since i was 15 years old when i had an old catalog filled with whites detectors. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations. Any advice for a complete noobie would be welcomed.
Thanks

Welcome from Boston GtiKyle. I’m guessing that PNW must stand for Pacific North West? Not easy to decipher for forum members not in the U.S. It took me a couple minutes of “what the heck is a PNW”?
Good luck with your new hobby. This is a great forum
Jim

Welcome!
My best advice is to study your manual and read all you can that has been posted here about your model of detector. After you feel you have the basics mastered, get out and hunt that thang!

My #1 advice after that is Trust Your Detector. It is right every time- it is up to You to understand what it is telling you. My finds went way up and my trash went way down when I began to trust my detector.

Welcome from Boston GtiKyle. I’m guessing that PNW must stand for Pacific North West? Not easy to decipher for forum members not in the U.S. It took me a couple minutes of “what the heck is a PNW”?
Good luck with your new hobby. This is a great forum
Jim

Thank you, yes, the Pacific North West. Washington state, more specifically.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Mention the make and model of your detector and if others have the same model they might have tips for that model.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Mention the make and model of your detector and if others have the same model they might have tips for that model.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Thank you. I ordered an equinox 600, after reading a lot up on the forums and seeing reviews. Hope it was a wise choice :)

Thank you. I ordered an equinox 600, after reading a lot up on the forums and seeing reviews. Hope it was a wise choice :)

While I don't have that model myself I have read many members who really like it, and while some have gotten the more expensive 800 model the ones with the 600 model seem to be pretty happy with it as well !

There are many Equinox videos you can watch while you're waiting for it to arrive, here is one example -

Welcome. I love in Washington state also and have the nox600. Havnt been able to use it much but so far like it alright.

...Any advice for a complete noobie would be welcomed.
Thanks

Well, yes of course :

a) Don't stick your fingers in light sockets

b) Don't buy Rolex watches from strange men who stand on street corners in trench coats.

c) Don't bet on race horses

d) Send Tom_in_CA 30% of all your finds (I accept paypal).

Any other questions ? :cool:

Welcome to the addiction:twisted: Congrats! Yes, you made a wise decision. Print off that manual, read it, read it and be patient. It is a very sensitive seeking detector. I am still learning to communicate with mine but I really like what I see and hear so far.:yes:

you made a good choice. Just keep things simple and use the standard modes. I have the 800, but let me tell you, it has a huge learning curve compared to the 600. But I just had to have all the whistles and bells.

welcome to the forum the home of lots of great people.

Back
Top Bottom