I am a pre-newbie

Khalania

Hi everyone,

I'm Debbie from Ontario, Canada. I don't have a detector yet but I think I am leaning towards the Teknetics Delta 4000. I haven't read anything bad about it and budget is HUGE for me. With store credits I can get it for around $140 and it includes a (probably crappy) pinpointer.

I tend to get heavily into a hobby and then suddenly lose interest and have zero interest in pursuing it. Therefore, getting in fairly inexpensively but with a decent machine is important. If I end up sticking with it, would definitely upgrade later.

Primarily, I would be going for coins/jewelry in parks and schools and fresh water beaches. I don't think there is anything historically significant in my area, but who knows.

I am really excited to start if it ever stops snowing here.

So that's me :grin:

Debbie

Hi everyone,

I'm Debbie from Ontario, Canada. I don't have a detector yet but I think I am leaning towards the Teknetics Delta 4000. I haven't read anything bad about it and budget is HUGE for me. With store credits I can get it for around $140 and it includes a (probably crappy) pinpointer.

I tend to get heavily into a hobby and then suddenly lose interest and have zero interest in pursuing it. Therefore, getting in fairly inexpensively but with a decent machine is important. If I end up sticking with it, would definitely upgrade later.

Primarily, I would be going for coins/jewelry in parks and schools and fresh water beaches. I don't think there is anything historically significant in my area, but who knows.

I am really excited to start if it ever stops snowing here.

So that's me :grin:

Debbie

Hi Debbie
I have a Gamma 6000 the deltas big brother and I love it.
I have heard good things about the delta and sounds like th eprice is right.

welcome to the forum

Debbie,

I have been doing this off and on for over thirty years. Sounds like you are approaching it right. Learn your detector and do a little research on your area and have fun. Starting out you do not need the newest or greatest detector on the market just a good one that you can learn on. The Technetics is good for that.

If there is a club in your area think about joining. This will help you meet others into this hobby and will open up more hunting areas when you go out on club hunts and with others from the club.

If no club then look for others in your area and see about doing a get together.

Ray

Greetings from New Hampshire. I'm like you and tend to jump into a new interest or hobby and then the excitement fades over time. Sometimes it sticks though, I'm hoping this is one of those times. Hope the snow up there melts and you can get out detecting, we've taken 3 pretty good storms lately and have quite a pile of the white stuff preventing me from getting out.

Hi Debbie,

Welcome from South Carolina. I keep a Delta in the truck as a backup and a guest detector. It is a great entry level detector, with intuitive controls and is very lightweight. I've used it and found silver dimes around four to five inches. I let a homeowner use it once and he found a seven inch deep wheat cent on his first time trying. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a first machine.

Good Luck!!

Big WELCOME from N.Michigan to you Debbie. Unlike other hobbies, this one will hold your attention I'm quite sure. Once you start finding lost things you will be hooked for life. GL&HH

Welcome, Debbie.

I use a Teknetics Eurotek Pro very similar in specs to the Delta, and have been very happy with it. $140 is a great price for a quality starter machine, I hope you enjoy the hobby!

Hi Debbie -

Welcome from southern NH. Good luck in your search and can sure relate to the melting snow.. Just when I think its done....WHAM

Welcome from Minnesota. To help learn your machine and how to dig a proper plug, start in YOUR yard and or relatives. I think you will be surprised at what you find. As for the pin pointer any is better than none. A small shovel or sturdy garden digging tool also.. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom