Nomad Anyone?

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Craig sent me a link and thought others might be interested in it.

I see a couple of problems with it though but was wondering what others thought.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1865628944/nomad-by-blu3-ultra-portable-tankless-dive-system

The Foremost problem is it will not be funded if they do not reach a goal of 210,000.00 by Friday. They have 180,000.00 to go.

Second problem is I do not see a place for an air canister so the electric pump would have to be operating all the time.

Third problem is only an hour on batteries. If somehow they would incorporate a storage for any excess air it makes and shuts off until some of that was depleted, I think this thing would be great.

However, I can't see it getting 180 grand in three days.

I like it, slick design and apparently light weight. I am sure a product like that will get made even if they don't hit their goal.

Very neat but expensive . Makes me want to dive that much more. Lots of nuggets to get . Just need to learn to dive.Soon

At least they are basically forcing people to take a course on diving safety before it gets unlocked.

I think it needs more of 60 minutes of run time. 2-3 hour range at least.

At least they are basically forcing people to take a course on diving safety before it gets unlocked.

That's good to hear. Most lung overexpansion injuries occur in less than 10ft of water.

If it makes it to market, I wonder what the cost comparison to scuba equipment will be. Since I'm well invested in scuba, I'll stick with that.

That's good to hear. Most lung overexpansion injuries occur in less than 10ft of water.

If it makes it to market, I wonder what the cost comparison to scuba equipment will be. Since I'm well invested in scuba, I'll stick with that.

I agree in most instances. Might be a great lightweight toy to hike back to secluded lakes with, so you can get a feel if it is worth dragging your gear to.

Craig sent me a link and thought others might be interested in it.

I see a couple of problems with it though but was wondering what others thought.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1865628944/nomad-by-blu3-ultra-portable-tankless-dive-system

The Foremost problem is it will not be funded if they do not reach a goal of 210,000.00 by Friday. They have 180,000.00 to go.

Second problem is I do not see a place for an air canister so the electric pump would have to be operating all the time.

Third problem is only an hour on batteries. If somehow they would incorporate a storage for any excess air it makes and shuts off until some of that was depleted, I think this thing would be great.

However, I can't see it getting 180 grand in three days.

I like it.. especially the backpack portability of it.

unfortunately you are right they will never hit their goal..

I agree in most instances. Might be a great lightweight toy to hike back to secluded lakes with, so you can get a feel if it is worth dragging your gear to.

That is a good point that I overlooked. Of course, in my area, not that conducive. You'll still need the 16-20# of lead to offset the 7mil wetsuit, or drysuit!:D

Bounce diving inland lake raft anchor sites off a jetski...a tool like this may come in handy...fast, light and simple...to give a guy the layout and a quick evaluation of potentials?...then going back with the heavy gear to work the targeted paydirt?

Back
Top Bottom