New Detector Here

_amass

Hello everyone. My name is Adam. 23 years old from NW Indiana. I've wanted to get into detecting for quite a few years now. I recently found out that 2 of my coworkers are into it and that really kicked it into gear. I was wandering around Cabela's a couple of weeks ago and stumbled on a couple of good deals in the bargain cave. I got a White's Treasure Master detector for $174.99 and a White's TRX Pinpointer for $54.99. I did some research on the TM before I bought it and it seemed like a good deal for the price. Did I make a good decision on a first machine?

I've been out a handful of times now and am having a lot of fun. It's a little bit more confusing than I anticipated and I'm still learning the tones of my machine. In the 3 or 4 times I've been out I've found about $4 or $5 in change and other random pieces of metal. All the times I've been out have been at a school near my house or a park near my house. I'd like to find better spots to go but it's tough with laws and needing permission. I'm looking forward to going out with my coworkers who are more experienced.

Anywho, just wanted to say hi and get some opinions on my new equipment. Happy hunting!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. My name is Adam. 23 years old from NW Indiana. I've wanted to get into detecting for quite a few years now. I recently found out that 2 of my coworkers are into it and that really kicked it into gear. I was wandering around Cabela's a couple of weeks ago and stumbled on a couple of good deals in the bargain cave. I got a White's Treasure Master detector for $174.99 and a White's TRX Pinpointer for $54.99. I did some research on the TM before I bought it and it seemed like a good deal for the price. Did I make a good decision on a first machine?

I've been out a handful of times now and am having a lot of fun. It's a little bit more confusing than I anticipated and I'm still learning the tones of my machine. In the 3 or 4 times I've been out I've found about $4 or $5 in change and other random pieces of metal. All the times I've been out have been at a school near my house or a park near my house. I'd like to find better spots to go but it's tough with laws and needing permission. I'm looking forward to going out with my coworkers who are more experienced.

Anywho, just wanted to say hi and get some opinions on my new equipment. Happy hunting!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Adam,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new purchase. I have not owned that detector you are talking about but I did notice some key things in your post: 1. You are having fun. 2. You have found some coins. That pretty much covers all of the right ingredients in this hobby. One thing I can tell you is that someone with a $100 bounty hunter that knows his machine is more effective than someone with the $2500 ctx 3030 who doesn’t care to learn it. Keep up with your hunts and focus on what the machine tells you vs what you find when you dig. As you learn the machine you will become more and more effective. The coworkers experience will be priceless information that will assist you in being more effective. It’s a great hobby that quickly becomes an addiction and I wish you the best of luck!

Dan in Pittsburgh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

If you haven't already seen any you can check youtube for helpful videos, here is one example -

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome from the southern part of the state! Not had the TM specifically, but if you're having a good time and finding goodies, you're already ahead of the game. I've always had great service from my Whites machines. GL&HH!

:welcome2: from eastern CT. As was said in previous posts, if your having fun and learning your machine you WILL be hooked. I don't have $$ to throw at some really good equipment, started with a bounty hunter, fell in love with the hobby so picked up a Fisher F2 and a Garret Pro Pointer and I love it.:my2cents:

Welcome from Loganville, GA. Looks like you got a nice deal on your equipment. The learning curve is steep on many machines, but hang with it and you will have it figured out before you know it. Happy Hunting

Welcome from the White Mountains of NH. Great group of people here with lots of knowledge

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom