New Detector Here

Welcome from the Texas Hill Country !! Great Price on the TRX. I have the Treasure Pro which is a step up from the Treasure Master but similar. Your detector is very capable and once you learn everything about it, you will do fine. Whites makes good machines and I am a long time user. I regularly hunt with people using detectors that are way more expensive than mine and hold my own so I am sure with practice you can do the same !!!!

Welcome from the Texas Hill Country !! Great Price on the TRX. I have the Treasure Pro which is a step up from the Treasure Master but similar. Your detector is very capable and once you learn everything about it, you will do fine. Whites makes good machines and I am a long time user. I regularly hunt with people using detectors that are way more expensive than mine and hold my own so I am sure with practice you can do the same !!!!
This is very reassuring thank you to you and everyone else for the kind words. I have a lot of hobbies and some of them aren't very friendly, the MD community seems very friendly so far. I'm looking forward to some cool finds!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Welcome from Va ! If you’re finding coins and having fun you made a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing Great

Hello,
You did fine with your purchases. I can tell you from my experience with MDing that the more you do and the better you learn your machine, the finds will come. I am only doing this great hobby since late last summer. I decided to try detecting and purchased an AT Pro package. I watched videos and did some testing in my own yard. I can honestly tell you that I have almost paid for my equipment and it's only March. I do hunt a lot as I am an old retired guy. I am not into this for the money, I enjoy the finds and the exercise I get too. Stay with it and enjoy the ride. Good luck to you.
Bubbaron Garrett AT Pro At Pro Pin Pointer Whites Treasure Pro

Adam,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new purchase. I have not owned that detector you are talking about but I did notice some key things in your post: 1. You are having fun. 2. You have found some coins. That pretty much covers all of the right ingredients in this hobby. One thing I can tell you is that someone with a $100 bounty hunter that knows his machine is more effective than someone with the $2500 ctx 3030 who doesn’t care to learn it. Keep up with your hunts and focus on what the machine tells you vs what you find when you dig. As you learn the machine you will become more and more effective. The coworkers experience will be priceless information that will assist you in being more effective. It’s a great hobby that quickly becomes an addiction and I wish you the best of luck!

Couldn't have said it any better.....welcome form Oklahoma and good luck hunting!

You are starting off right. Once you decide that this definitely something you want to keep doing then you can invest in a better machine.

One of the best things you can do is to start researching your area looking for older sites and areas where large groups of people collected. You may find few spots that you can go detecting at.

Keep swinging and having fun.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom