Hi all! New to the forum and to the hobby.

Hi all,

Just joined the forum and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Tony and I'm from Hunterdon County, New Jersey. I'm also new to the hobby and looking forward to learning from all of you, and having some interesting forum discussions. I've wanted to get into metal detecting since I was a little kid... I remember being as young as 7 years old sitting on the beach and watching people detecting in the late afternoons/early evenings and thinking that it was the coolest thing ever. Well, 40 years later I'm finally getting into it! I'm getting my first metal detector today... a Minelab Equinox 600, after doing a lot of research and reading. I can't wait to get out and start using it. Hopefully I'll also find some members that are local and would like to hunt together.

I look forward to talking with all of you on the forums!

Thanks,
Tony

Hey Tony

Your post really hit home. I was born and raised in central Jersey and spent plenty of summers on the beach in Seaside Heights. I was always fascinated watching the guys on the beach with their metal detectors. It seemed so COOL! Until I was a teen and it was lame LOL. But, I have wanted to do it myself and finally am going to.

Moved to Canada 18 years ago but plan on visiting family in NJ this summer. I am going to bring my detector and try to spend some time on the beach. I will be one of those cool people I admired in my childhood...or maybe lame.

Happy hunting!!

Back
Top Bottom