Tot Lot(s) Silver & Gold!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I hit a small tot lot for about an hour on the way home from work. I found $0.40 in clad, a little girl's silver bracelet (it has small elephants), a die cast car, and a small square charm (not real?). :grin: Then I went to a local park with my kids and did half of an older sanded tot lot that had its equipment removed. It had lots of trash. Found were $ 0.90 in clad, some junky items (note samples that I kept for pic purposes), and what I first thought was a silver ring. I did not look at it carefully unitl I got home. At home, I noticed that it was two-tone and it had 18K on the inside! :yes: So far, I have used my BHD 3300 8 times at 6 different sanded tot lots, I have found $16.93 in clad, 6 die cast toys, a small gold earring and the jewelry mentioned in this post. :grin: I love detecting and my detector! :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• silver.JPG
    silver.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 167
  • gold.JPG
    gold.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 173
WTG! Just feels good to get out and do some hunting don't it. Glad you are having fun with the new machine.

Nice going Felix!

A word of advice, keep those rusty screws and other dangerous trash in your pouch.  You'll never know when you'll be accosted by a park ranger, police officer, or mad mother. 

Tell you a story that happened to me a couple of years ago.

I was hunting at a park, out in the ball field and moving towards the play ground area.  I had a pouch full of can slaw, nails, screws, ... and of course my goodies in another pouch pocket.

Shortly after starting in the play ground, this woman came by walking her dog (early morning). She stopped and started hazzling me about "stealing from the kids". I explained to her that I wasn't stealing from anybody, I was recovering items that were already lost.  Anyway, the more we discussed this the more PO'ed she got.  She was insisting that I put back my finds so that the kids could search and find them if they wanted too, or she would call the police on her cell phone.

Ok, this wasn't going anywhere and I didn't need this. So, I told her that I would put my finds back, but on the condition that I would put  everything I had found back.  She was agreable to that.

So, we moved to a picnic table, where I unsnapped my pouch and started putting everything on the table in preparation for their dispersal.  She took a look at the rusty screws, nails, can slaw and other items of that ilk and was in shock.  :shock:

She asked me if I had found all this stuff at "her" park and I said yes, that along with digging the pennies, dimes, quarters, blah blah blah that are lost, I also pick up this trash so the kids don't get hurt with them.

She was silent for a moment and then thanked me for helping keep the park clean and safe for the kids to use, and to continue visiting the park as often as I wished.  End of problem. :yes:

rudy,
I had a simular incounter only with one of the parks maintance workers and when I emptyed my bag of rusty nails and screws and old wires left from a old (maintance) jobs tones where definatley changed I was thanked for saving the city a law suite and was left to do my thing, metal detect.

Rudy / Rusty
Thanks for the advice and little stories.  You definitely handled that woman more politically than I would have.  I have 0 tolerance for stupidity in that kind of situation! :mad:   I pick up the junk for 2 reasons.  1. To leave the place cleaner/better than when I got there.  2. So that when I go back in a one or two years I'll have less junk readings! :yes: ;)

Back
Top Bottom