So I finally got out...

Wrath

to play with my new BH 3300.

I made the quick trip over to a local elementary school with a small park, intent on just getting mt bearings and learning this machine.

I think I underestimated the performance of this puppy.

I only worked for about an hour, but found a clad quarter at around 11 inches, a clad penny at around 12 inches and a dime at about 12 as well. All three gave really good, strong repeatable signals.

Of course I wish all three coins were older, yadda yadda yadda, but I had a blast digging up my first coin (the quarter) and starting to understand what my machine is telling me.

I'm heading out to a couple spots on/near the Maumee river in NW Ohio tomorrow, lots of historic areas and old farming land, I'll report back if I find anything interesting.

Have a great Memorial Day and thank you to those that have served!

Brian

Good going - I also have been very happy with my BH 3300. :grin: I have had similar results too! I am off now to hit another tot lot! Keep up the good work!

WOW, thats some DeepBeeps...Ha Ha notice my sceen name. I have never found anything over 8 inches deep with my MXT. Cant wait to see pics of the old coins you will find at those depths. HH

Wrath, the Maumee is one of 3 rivers that run through Fort Wayne, IN where I live. Are you anywhere nearby?

Scrltt641

Wrath, I agree that is some really deep clad coins. I can only imagine how deep those older coins are in your area. If your finding clad coins at 11" then those silver ones from over 40-100 years ago must be down about 13-14" unless there was fill put on top of those clads recently.

The deepest clad I have found in my area is about 6-7", but we a clay and rock layer they settle on. I think this is also a big reason the silver and older coins in our 20 some parks has been pretty much pick out. Not to many targets seem to get down pass our rocky layer to often unless there is a top layer of fill added.

Scrltt641 said:
Wrath, the Maumee is one of 3 rivers that run through Fort Wayne, IN where I live. Are you anywhere nearby?

Scrltt641

I'm in Toledo... willing to travel a bit if you ever have a spot you'd like to team up on.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom