new respect for the King...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
I got to hand it to ya King
imagesCAIJZKN4.jpg
these playgrounds are not easy picking.

At first I was digging craters and that's just not my style. My machine knew exactly where things were and how deep but my eye's just can't get used to the bark multch. So much easier to just hunt the soil (in and out in seconds) I returned to the land in short order and will not venture into your Kindom again, at least not with a metal digger :lol:

Finally found a method that seems promising but still way too slow compared to soil extractions. After 30 minutes of this I couldn't wait to get back out in the fields.

video

I agre. Them tot lots are a PITA and after 2 attempts with the mulch, I too have retired from them.
I prefer the sand.
Long live the king. :lol:

I'm with you on this one too. I well hunt some spots in the tOtlot and if its not close to the suffice. I'm not going for it, I just move on.

In that situation with mulch you are better off not using a pinpointer, and grabbing handfuls of mulch and waving over your coil ;)

Yeah, the pea gravel in the tot lots around here isn't any more fun to deal with. They managed to throw in a good amount of "hot rocks" pea gravel, so it's like being out in the desert all over again.....

Dusty

I must be a little on the odd side cause I enjoy the woodchip lots. Easy digging... The woodchip lots have been kind to me as I might have just found my very first gold ring in one today. Just posted the pics a moment ago.

I can't stand the gravel lots though, I just don't have any luck in them except finding pennies if I'm lucky...

Well, the King has learned a few things...first, I got a cheap long handled beach scoop for those gravel and sand totlots...makes recovery very fast.
Second, on mulch, first thing after a signal I rake the spot with my foot to remove the loose mulch, then scan the spot and the loose mulch to get the hit again. Finally, just scoop with hand and wave...usually now I get the item in the first two handfulls. I do know the PP is the real deal in dirt but I too had wondered if it would actually speed up my mulch work. Will have to test that idea!

And as for it being MY mulch, hey, come on in, the "water" mulch is fine! Plenty of room in the Kingdom for more totlot hunters! :lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom