police station hunt...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
Ok here is my story to date, bought an Ace 250 recently, found out my suburb has only been around since 1960 ish (no old coins) :no: So i'm surface hunting in a custom mode disc'ing out everything but high silver and the gold range with 2 bars of sensitivity for a shallow jewery grab. 1-2 inches depth, I don't dig dimes and only an occasion penny if it fools me.

Going where others won't I want to move fast, use a screwdriver (popping) and only go after what my probe will sense on the surface. THIS IS HARD BECAUSE YOU WANT TO DRILL DOWN ON SOME OF THE SIGNALS :lol: but that's only going to bog me down and I wanted to skim these high traffic parks and Carnie grounds without really doing any digging.

So today was the first time I used my ACE this way and in just a few minutes I was getting what I came for. Sorry for the crappy kodak video, I don't even know how to work it yet, I will post a close up later.

24k gold diamond heart and Star of David pendant's practically on the surface. There is a good chance I will use this method of hunting and covering more ground to increase my happiness since all the clad is quite boring and sometimes deep. No way around those pull tabs if you hunt this way but at least you don't dig more than an inch to fail on one LOL

You crack me up, Chicago. Nice video, and finds. You really pushed it there hunting at the police station. At least now you know they won't say anything to you, lol. HH, and post more videos.

Good plan,, nice results! 24k jewelry is not that common; is that info from a stamp on the piece?

Good plan,, nice results! 24k jewelry is not that common; is that info from a stamp on the piece?

I can't read it but that's what my kid sees, doesnt mean the diamonds are real. If they are I guess that pays for the ACE. When my new V3i gets here I will have to work a little harder :lol:

Lol

I don't think I could ever hunt the police station; that takes guts. Nice video and finds!

I am not surprized no one bothered you...after all, if you look like you know what you are doing, and you are right out in the open with it...they have not got time to bug you...they are looking for bad guys....not just busy guys! :lol::lol:

The only run ins with police I have had has been in one local park and they were there on the lookout for bad players, not for folks like me...in fact, both policemen asked me about my detector and if I was doing any good! :lol:

going back to taser hill...

Pushing my luck, you knew I had to work the police station again
imagesCAP0KZ4V.jpg
A shallow hunt the same way I did yesterday but after dark this time and the Police Chief still did not come out with his night stick and beat me about the head and shoulders for polking holes in his outdoor theater seating field.

Again with the ACE set almost as low as it goes and careful not to really dig, I used a screwdriver only taking what was in reach of the vibra-probe from ground level probing :D I wish I could have stayed all night but I forgot bug repellent :roll: No diamonds tonight but one big honking ring! A close up pic will be attached soon.

Someone once ask how long you could go on batteries with the ACE 250 and if performance drops with the bars. The answer is about 15 minutes after you hit one bar... the lights are on but nobody's home. Unlike my segway, no bells, flashing red lights or stick shaker before you faceplant :lol: you're just swinging in the wind until you wonder why the ground is so clean. Oh well just know you are done at one bar and change out. Performance does not drop with bars, trust me i was bottomed out sensitivity wise for the entire hunt.

Oh no... It's just a gold colored sterling ring LOL ! that really had me going in the dark.

I am not surprized no one bothered you...after all, if you look like you know what you are doing, and you are right out in the open with it...they have not got time to bug you...they are looking for bad guys....not just busy guys! :lol::lol:

The only run ins with police I have had has been in one local park and they were there on the lookout for bad players, not for folks like me...in fact, both policemen asked me about my detector and if I was doing any good! :lol:

What I really didn't see coming was I COULD stay there all night and dig that hill and feel quite comfortable... I mean who is going to be doing any mugging right outside the station

jack-1.jpg
Only down side was Ratchet called and ask where the hell I was at this time of night... I said, in the park
untitled.jpg
because I couldn't say at the police station.

finds

Wow, seems pretty productive for a police station. I guess they must get rowdy folk rushing in and out in anger doing dumb things though. Makes sense in a way. Good stuff! You have more guts than i do lol.

Why would you think the police would bother you? They have better things to do, believe me. The only reason I see to question you is to ask why you are videoing the station, parking lot and officers. Unfortunately, we are often the targets of terrorism...foreign and domestic.

Great finds.

Back
Top Bottom