3 star Union Ring

It doesn't have any markings.I wish it did.Im not sure if I should fix it or not?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I would fix it and wear it, but I think the repair would cut the value significantly.

Not having markings might raise the value a bit. Pretty much proves it's handmade or made before markings were required.

The possible Civil war connection and the folk art aspect are bound to give that some collector value. I'm willing to bet it's easily worth it's weight in gold. I'd recommend you take that to a jeweler that specializes in antiques. I think you'll be surprised at what that could be worth. If you could find the right collector I bet that could hit $300 easy. I can absolutely guarantee you it's worth a hundred bucks, plus shipping to Springfield, Missouri.
If you decide to ebay it let me know, not just to bid on it, but I'm curious about what that would go for.

LoL..Probably wouldn't sell it.Definantly in my opinion better finds than my 2 U.S. Plates and my Officers Sword plate.It would take ALOT more than $100 or even $300 to take this out of my display case.The coolness factor and probability that it was made during CW makes it priceless to me.

ONE MILLION DOLLARS. That's my final offer.

Do you know the property history? It would be even cooler to find a Civil War Veteran as a property owner.

I think it would be a cool ring to wear but for display I would leave it just like it is.

I'm working on that Jim.I know last name for sure.

LoL..Probably wouldn't sell it.Definantly in my opinion better finds than my 2 U.S. Plates and my Officers Sword plate.It would take ALOT more than $100 or even $300 to take this out of my display case.The coolness factor and probability that it was made during CW makes it priceless to me.

Sounds like it fits right into your collection. I wouldn't sell or fix it either.

Truly a mind blowing find for all of the reasons mentioned.

If that doesn't deserve to be in the "Eye popping, mind blowing" section, nothing does!!!
Cool find, take care of it. Let us know ANY info you find on it.
Congrats!

I’d definitely not fix or even clean that ring anymore. It’s beautiful. Maybe find a museum that knows it’s civil war and see what they say... or a really good history professor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom