New Member Hello The Board!

davedude

Hello everyone, I'm a new member from Garland, Texas less than a mile from Garrett. I must say thanks to all who post here whom I've learned so much from and I hope to be able to contribute eventually. I started metal detecting this year, have an AT Pro with the 11", the 5x8 and the SS coil and a GTI 2500 with two sizes of imaging coils, a black and a orange Garrett carrot, root slayer digging tools and sore knees!
After 6 months trying to find silver I've come to the conclusion that Garland has been pounded pretty hard or the silver is sunk real deep and/or masked or most likely all the above.
So far this year it's been a 1941 George Washington quarter (surface find), a rosie (forgot the date) a sterling silver belt concho (16 grams), a silver ring and a small sterling James Avery marked charm, a few wheat pennies, about 50 bucks in clad and buckets of trash. I want to hunt all the time but my knees really are sore I think maybe I will take a couple days off.

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

:fmdfwelcome: We're glad to have you, and look forward to reading your posts!

Thank you all, I am honored!

I must say in the six months or so I have been serious about detecting I've discovered the earth is literally salted with metal everywhere, at least in the areas around me. And coins make up a percentage of that. I can go anywhere and pull coins out of the ground which still amazes me. I started in my backyard not thinking there would be much there but I pulled out a ton of clad and found my dog's lost tags too. I think my son and daughter might have had something to do with all the clad in the yard.....
My house was built in 1952 but I have found no silver anywhere in the yard front or back. I did get the idea to check along side the original driveway and found a wheat penny spill there.
I'm getting better at surface finds, sometimes now don't even need to swing the coil over it to spot a coin where before detecting I would have walked right over it.

detecting changes how you look at things

Thank you all, I am honored!

I must say in the six months or so I have been serious about detecting I've discovered the earth is literally salted with metal everywhere, at least in the areas around me. And coins make up a percentage of that. I can go anywhere and pull coins out of the ground which still amazes me. I started in my backyard not thinking there would be much there but I pulled out a ton of clad and found my dog's lost tags too. I think my son and daughter might have had something to do with all the clad in the yard.....
My house was built in 1952 but I have found no silver anywhere in the yard front or back. I did get the idea to check along side the original driveway and found a wheat penny spill there.
I'm getting better at surface finds, sometimes now don't even need to swing the coil over it to spot a coin where before detecting I would have walked right over it.

Most detectors spend a lot of time looking at the ground even during everyday events , like going to the store or walking the dog . Since I started detecting I am surprised at how many eye ball finds I spot now days. I also find my self looking at potential detecting spots as I drive by.

Back
Top Bottom