Oldest Merc!

metaladdict

Elite Member
15622725376549146959196082247752.jpgFound the Merc behind a Victorian house for public use way back behind a burned down house. Can anyone I.D. the Asien coin?1917 Merc!

Last edited:
View attachment 445847Found the Merc behind a Victorian house for public use way back behind a burned down house. Can anyone I.D. the Asien coin?1917 Merc!

Congrats on the nice finds. The coin in question is Japanese. I assume it's silver by the looks of it which means it's a 50 SEN coin, minted from 1906 until 1938. The earlier ones were made of .800 silver and the later ones were made of .720 silver. They also minted a 1 SEN coin made of bronze. If it's the earlier version it contains just over a quarter ounce of silver.

Way to go on the silvers!
Thanks TJ
Whooo Hooo silver! Nice looking merc!
I like it!
Congrats on your new oldest merc and the foreign silver!
Thanks, I thought the Japanese coin was nickel copper.
I'd say a very successful outing . Congrats on the two Silvers and digging your oldest Merc. Trapper
I found out later it was silver and got happier!
Congrats on that nice silver!
Thanks twizz.
That's Totally AWESOME MA !!

1917 is my oldest silver too !
Too cool!
Congrats on that nice early Merc and the Japanese silver too!
Thanks Ron.
Congrats on the nice finds. The coin in question is Japanese. I assume it's silver by the looks of it which means it's a 50 SEN coin, minted from 1906 until 1938. The earlier ones were made of .800 silver and the later ones were made of .720 silver. They also minted a 1 SEN coin made of bronze. If it's the earlier version it contains just over a quarter ounce of silver.
Yep it's Silva!
Nice oldie merc! :woot:

I agree!:kingdances:

Nice old merc! Never seen that foreign coin before that is pretty cool. Nice work! HH & GL!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom