New Here Just Joined

Newindsorbill

Hello, my name is Bill and I love this great hobby. I used to find a lot of silver when i was a teen back in high school with a $79. Bounty Hunter. I would always find a lot more than my friend who had a top of the line Whites detector.About 4 years ago I got the bug again and started back out in the field detecting. I started hunting with a Whites DFX which is a great machine but from what i found was that the places I was going to were well hunted out and I was finding mostly clad coinage. I started researching a lot and decided to sell my DFX and buy a V3i. This is an excellent detector but I could not get to the debts that i wanted. So i purchased a Tesoro Tejon and to this day I have not found another detector that could detect as deep as this one. I recovered a 1909 vdb penny down a full 15 inches. I also have many more detectors including the Deus XP with the WS5 headphones, I also have the Garrett ATX deep seeker package. The Garrett GTI 2500, A brand new in the box Whites professional 5900 and a new Minelab CTX 3030 that I have only used one time. I hope to get out this year and hopefully recover some silver. I have not found any silver as of yet since I started back in this great hobby.

Last edited:
Welcome from Montana. Looks like you have a good arsenal of detectors.

HD

Thank you, i went a little nuts trying to get an advantage to find deeper targets and also to be able to work in very trashy areas. I will have to sell some of them.

Fire up that CTX and ill bet some silver will show up in no time! They really love deep silver... As for the 15" 1909, that is incredible! I can't say I've ever found a coin that deep with ANY machine. I think the deepest coin I have found was about 10.5-11.5" with the explorer SE pro, it was an early mercury dime. That's impressive to say the least! Congrats and welcome back to the hobby!

Back
Top Bottom