So I went to the Elementary School

Newblue

After asking you guys if elementary schools were worth hitting, getting lots of opinions and advice, I decided to give it a try. Glad I did. First hit was a silver earring. Second was a ring. The ring is junk, not silver, and starting to corrode, but it’s my first so I’ll take it. I only did a very small section as it is nearing 90 today. I will definitely go back. Many people walking by and not one person said anything to me. Thanks for helping me make the decision to go.

Attachments

• E64923E3-A16C-46C8-8D9A-DC841EC39F3E.jpg
    E64923E3-A16C-46C8-8D9A-DC841EC39F3E.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 281
  • E2E50966-D397-4071-B22B-014D62EE8B36.jpg
    E2E50966-D397-4071-B22B-014D62EE8B36.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 252
Glad you gave it a shot. Nice score on the silver!! You'll find more , keep at it. Great place to gain experience and pick up clad.

Never let heavy foot traffic deter you. Hiding in the back corner of somewhere so as to avoid people usually ensures you won’t find much. If anyone comes by and starts to tear up your time, just tell them flat out you’re running short on time. There are people who are walking from somewhere to somewhere with a purpose(dog walkers,kids going to the pool, etc). Then there are the “floaters”. These are the ones to avoid at all costs. They generally consist mainly of older men. Nothing to do at the crib, wife passed away, no license...and here they are. Once in a blue moon they can give you a hot tip but for me...no. My style of hunting and my reasons for hunting doesn’t allow for BS sessions in the middle of it.
The local modern schools can be a good education in detecting, but when you demand OLD coins make SURE that the usage of said property is also that old.
It’s a nice start, now keep it going!:yes:

Old coins CAN be found occasionally at modern schoolyards but not very often. Many of the modern schools were built on what use to be farmland or had some type of public activities going on in the "old days". Sometimes research will show what was there before the school was built.

Back
Top Bottom