Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 06-08-2018, 10:10 PM
Elite Member

I'd move the trampoline back there and move your garden up towards the front, no conflict.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Elite Member

One thing about tree work is.. Once you've decided something has to be done to a tree, it almost never gets cheaper, or easier, unless luck happens some how..

Btw.. That tree is non native to about 92% (guessing) of North America...

We called them Indian Cigar trees as kids, now Catalpa..

<)))>{

Old 06-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Elite Member

**UPDATE** I went and spoke to my neighbor yesterday. He loves that tree. I brought him over to my backyard to show him how it shades a portion of my garden. We noticed that one lower branch was the one that was doing the majority of the shading. 10 minutes later, it had been cut from the tree on his side. I'd rather see the tree gone, but I'll take this as a small victory
Attached Images

IH: 3, Buffalo/V: 4, Gold: 1

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Supporter

Talking

That's great !

...and more importantly is that you have a neighbor that understood and didn't let it be a point of contention and at least met you part way enough to resolve the worst of the shade.

John 3:5 Acts 2:38
Navy Vet

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Supporter

.....I'm not sure that's gonna make a ton of difference,..but hey if your happy that is all that matters. congratz man.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Elite Member

I am sure it was a joke but I don't think in a friendly forum we should be discussing killing your neighbors trees or pets with tiki oil.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Vethraxx View post
I am sure it was a joke but I don't think in a friendly forum we should be discussing killing your neighbors trees or pets with tiki oil.
What if he does it in a friendly way?

Old 06-11-2018, 02:30 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
You Sir are an admirable good neighbor! Its a good idea to not cause any trouble or bother people needlessly...just take care of the problem without causing any conflict....I'm like that too! In your case, what I would do is, I'd get myself a funnel, a length of plastic tube that fits the funnel, and a half gallon of Tiki Torch oil down at the Dollar Store for about $10 total...

Then, some quiet evening, I'd snake that tube through or under the fence on over to the base of that tree and pour the oil down through the funnel and into its root system!....In less than a month, that tree will be dead as a doornail! I use Tiki Torch oil on account of it smells so nice, and you can put out a few torches if you want to make the illusion complete...diesel works too, but you know that smell would be a big tip off to your neighbor, and he would know you killed his tree...we gotta think about his feelings too ya know...keep the peace in the neighborhood!

You can even offer to help him cut it down afterwards if you want, be a good neighbor and all! Good way to show you are a good neighbor and maybe make a friend in the process! He will shake your hand and give you a cold one even! ...Everybodys happy this way!

Annoying barking at night neighbor dogs are also easily dealt with...along these same lines..just swap out the Torch oil with some antifreeze, so you may want to keep that funnel handy just in case he gets a dog someday...

Somebody said: "Good Fences make good neighbors"...Its been my experience that a good funnel also comes in pretty handy too! Never complain or cause a ruckus, just take care of it quiet and innocent...
Funny when I got my insurance brokers license years ago, I remember this very topic coming up for discussion and the instructor told the class "if your neighbor refuses to remove the tree encroaching on your property, stake a copper nail right into the part on your side of the fence. The tree will die and legally they can't do anything about it.

I haven't had the stones to actually try this but I have the same issue right now on two sides! The worst part is we have a nice black walnut tree that's being choked out by sloppy, half dead pines coming from two different neighbors yards. I hate pine trees!

By the way, nice irrigation system!