Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Old 04-23-2018, 03:21 PM
Elite Member

The transmitter is now 24.21 with free prime shipping at Amazon (down from 33.99)

Link

Old 04-23-2018, 04:15 PM

Just snagged one up, Curious if this would of worked also
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Miccus-Mini...MAAOSwySlaC4~E

Old 04-25-2018, 08:06 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by NCDFX View post
I use eoqo earbuds at 10 bucks and a breitech brightest transmitter I snagged for 4.99. Both with free prime shipping. Unfortunately, the transmitter is currently unavailable. I hope they get more up for sale. I think they normally sell for 16 bucks and I just caught it on sale. This combo works well for me.
Just wanted to let folks know that I contacted Brightech to see if they would be stocking their BTX Ultra AptX Bluetooth transmitter/receiver again and they said they have no plans to offer this item again. Also, I tried a pair of the Eoqo earbuds. They worked for about 5 minutes before the left earbud died. YMMV. If anyone is considering a pair of Bluetooth earbuds like the Eoqo type, be advised that some of the cords are coated in a silicone type material that can stick to your skin/certain material. This is a pain when you turn your head, the cord is sticking to your skin/shirt, there's not enough slack on one side and the earbud gets yanked out of your ear.

White's TREASUREpro

Old 04-25-2018, 06:27 PM

It really pains me to see you guys go down the long, painful, expensive road that I did as far as a bluetooth set-up. I tried many different combinations from amazon that were a waste of money because I just couldn't stand the lag. For every set-up I took it out in the yard and congratulated myself that I finally had it. Nope, the lag was too much to bear. Try pinpointing and you will quickly hear the problem. Apt-x is a technology developed by a company called Qualcom or CSR. Here is their website.
https://www.aptx.com/
Apt-x is already the lowest latency bluetooth that there is but to make it more complicated there is three types of Apt-X. Regular Apt-X, Apt-X HD, and Apt-X Low latency. You need real Apt-X Low Latency for detecting. Many transmitters and receivers on amazon call themselves Apt-X Low Latency. They deceive you because Apt-X is already Low Latency. But it is not the lowest. APT-X LOW LATENCY is the lowest. If it is true Low Latency it will say Apt-X Low Latency on the little logo.It does no good to have one half of the set-up Apt-X low latency and the other half something else. It WILL degrade to whatever is not true Apt-X Low Latency. Qualcom's webste will show what products are true LOW LATENCY.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:42 PM

Here is what you need.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072BMF2LP...d_w=Gqai4&th=1
I you look at the logo you will see that is is genuine Apt-X LOW LATENCY. Bite the bullet, buy the two pack, Pay the 50 bucks, do it once, and do it right.

Old 04-27-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Waveoff View post
Just wanted to let folks know that I contacted Brightech to see if they would be stocking their BTX Ultra AptX Bluetooth transmitter/receiver again and they said they have no plans to offer this item again. Also, I tried a pair of the Eoqo earbuds. They worked for about 5 minutes before the left earbud died. YMMV. If anyone is considering a pair of Bluetooth earbuds like the Eoqo type, be advised that some of the cords are coated in a silicone type material that can stick to your skin/certain material. This is a pain when you turn your head, the cord is sticking to your skin/shirt, there's not enough slack on one side and the earbud gets yanked out of your ear.
Luckily mine still work fine after many months. I got a pair for my son and they work well. I haven't noticed the stickiness issue you have because I let the cord hang under my chin. I don't put the cord over my shoulders. I can see where that could be annoying.